Friday, May 22, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Regional

Guns missing from Penitence Street municipal police office

Admin by Admin
April 30, 2026
in Regional
(flashback)firearms, magazines and ammunition recovered after a Highway Patrol South Operations Team intercepted a white Kia K2700 with three men on Tuesday. These were from the theft of guns and ammunition from the San Fernando Municipal Police Station on Sunday. In total, 43 firearms and over 900 rounds of assorted ammunition have been recovered.

(flashback)firearms, magazines and ammunition recovered after a Highway Patrol South Operations Team intercepted a white Kia K2700 with three men on Tuesday. These were from the theft of guns and ammunition from the San Fernando Municipal Police Station on Sunday. In total, 43 firearms and over 900 rounds of assorted ammunition have been recovered.

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

More guns have been reported missing from under the purview of the municipal police—this time from an office on Penitence Street, San Fernando.

Police Commissioner Allister Guevarro yesterday confirmed the incident in response to questions from the Express.

READ ALSO

CARICOM Found Time for Saudi Arabia and Vienna — But Not One Word for a Starving Cuba

Jamaica to expand cancer screening and treatment capacity with IAEA support

He stated: “I can confirm the incident involving firearms assigned to a municipal police facility in San Fernando. This matter came to light following the recent suspension of a municipal police officer and the subsequent directive that all firearms be placed under the care and control of the TTPS.”

He also made it clear that there were no “sacred cows” and those liable will be held accountable.

“The investigation is active, and the TTPS will leave no stone unturned in establishing the full facts. If any evidence of criminal liability is uncovered, I can assure the public that the person(s) responsible will face the full force of the law. There will be no sacred cows.

“However, should the findings reveal conduct that does not meet the criminal threshold, any internal disciplinary action falls under the exclusive remit of the Statutory Authorities Service Commission and not the Commissioner of Police.”

The Express learnt that on April 23, an acting superintendent of police (ASP) of the Municipal Police made a report to the San Fernando Police Station regarding the missing firearms.

Sources said the ASP ­reported that he assumed duty on April 22 at the Penitence Street office to take over from an officer who had been suspended.

The Express was informed that upon checking the safe where the guns were stored, the ASP found eight defective revolvers and one pistol.

Sources said the ASP also reported that there were two sealed boxes of .22 ammunition, nine rounds of 9mm ammunition with TTPS markings, and one additional round of ammunition.

The ASP reported that upon inspecting the safe, he found a hole at the back.

He conducted a check of the station diaries and found that there were supposed to be 12 revolvers in the safe.

Sources told the Express the theft of guns and ammunition appears to have been occurring across several municipal police stations, and a full-scale audit has been ongoing ahead of the transfer of weapons to TTPS stations.

A gun racket—where firearms and ammunition assigned to municipal stations have been sold to the criminal underworld—was uncovered following the murder of municipal police corporal Anuska Eversley and the theft of a cache of firearms from the San Fernando Municipal Police Station. The incident occurred on April 19, 2026, at the King’s Wharf station where Eversley was on duty.

Three men, including a municipal police officer, appeared before a San Fernando master this week, charged with Eversley’s murder.

They were also charged with robbery with violence, trafficking of firearms, and possession of ammunition.

Guevarro has moved to tighten controls over firearms held at municipal police stations, including recommending that such weapons be transferred under the direct management of the TTPS.

The Express attempted to contact Homeland Security Roger Alexander for comment but there was no immediate response yesterday.

Trinidad Express

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

CARICOM Headquarters- Georgetown, Guyana
Regional

CARICOM Found Time for Saudi Arabia and Vienna — But Not One Word for a Starving Cuba

by Admin
May 22, 2026

The Caribbean Community’s foreign ministers met in Paramaribo and canvassed the globe for new partnerships. Yet the island nation that...

Read moreDetails
Regional

Jamaica to expand cancer screening and treatment capacity with IAEA support

by Admin
May 21, 2026

Jamaica is set to receive technical support from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as the Government moves to significantly...

Read moreDetails
Regional

Jamaica to Host Landmark 20th Caribbean Week of Agriculture in September

by Admin
May 21, 2026

The Caribbean Community's premier agricultural event, the 20th Caribbean Week of Agriculture (CWA), will officially be launched on Thursday through...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Gilbert addresses a gathering at the National Cricket Stadium during the launch of the Girls Power Play Cricket Programme, held during the Women's International white-ball series vs. Sri Lanka in February/March.

Statement from Cricket West Indies on the passing of Norman Gilbert, President of the Grenada Cricket Association and Member of the Windward Islands Cricket Board


EDITOR'S PICK

In defence of good men

August 31, 2021

Disappointed in Jagdeo’s response to lawyer spitting on police woman

April 28, 2023

Digicel named title sponsor for Rupununi Rodeo 2024 with $5M contribution

February 21, 2024

Word of the Day: Uncouth

April 17, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice