Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Hormuz obstruction stems from US-Israeli attack on Iran, says Chinese spokesperson

Admin by Admin
April 2, 2026
in Global
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

CGTN – In response to Donald Trump calling on other countries to “take oil” from the Strait of Hormuz, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said that obstruction of navigation in the Strait of Hormuz stems from the illegal US-Israeli military operations against Iran at a regular press briefing on Thursday.

She said only a ceasefire, an end to the fighting, and the restoration of peace and stability in the Gulf region can ensure the safety and unimpeded passage of international shipping lanes.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

All parties should work together to help ease tensions and prevent regional turbulence from having a greater impact on the global economy and energy security, she added.

Responding to a query about whether China is considering, or will consider, any international cooperation to ensure the safe passage of oil through the Strait of Hormuz, Mao said the priority for restoring safe navigation in the strait is an immediate halt to military operations.

She added that only in this way can peace and stability be restored in the Middle East and the Gulf region, which is what the international community hopes to see.

Mao noted that all parties are indeed concerned about whether peace and stability can be restored in the strait as soon as possible and whether navigation can resume, emphasising that the strait and its surrounding waters are a vital route for international cargo and energy trade.

All parties should make efforts toward this end, and China stands ready to continue playing a constructive role, Mao said.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
GHK Lall

Judas the Third, Judas the Great


EDITOR'S PICK

Lelon Saul

THE PPP/C HAS YET TO ATONE FOR THOSE KILLINGS.

April 22, 2025

Safety fears at Leguan stelling’  

March 15, 2021

James Finies Urges Global Action at UN GA 79: “Cultural Rights Critical for Bonaire’s Survival”

May 30, 2025

Fruta Conquerors footballer dies in accident 

June 28, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice