Sunday, August 16, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Gov’t says social media platforms taking action on illegal Guyana maps

Admin by Admin
October 20, 2022
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(DPI) Foreign Secretary Robert Persaud who was accompanied by Donette Streete, Head of Frontiers Unit on Wednesday met virtually with Facebook senior representatives regarding false narratives and illegal maps of Guyana reference to the country’s border with Venezuela.

The meeting was convened after the Foreign Secretary penned letters to Facebook’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mark Zuckerberg and CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal to have the inaccurate information and illegal maps removed from the respective platforms.

READ ALSO

Develop Water Wealth Without Drowning Private Enterprise- Dr. Abrams

Barima Survivors Still Struggling, Need Support- MP Singh

Foreign Secretary Robert Persaud meets with Facebook representatives

Persaud told the representatives that the Guyana Government is concerned about the spread of disinformation since the matter is currently before the International Court of Justice (ICJ).

The foreign secretary is expected to have a follow up discussion with the social media platforms on ongoing efforts to have Guyana’s concerns addressed.

The foreign secretary had cause to write to the social media companies after a campaign of disinformation was being waged against Guyana by several Spanish social media accounts, sharing an illegal map claiming the Essequibo region as Venezuela’s territory.

The Guyana/Venezuela border controversy is currently before the ICJ and Guyana is confident that the court will rule in its favour concerning the validity of the Arbitral Award of 1899 which states that Essequibo belongs to Guyana.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Dr. Karen Abrams AA, Co-Founder and Director StemGuyana
News

Develop Water Wealth Without Drowning Private Enterprise- Dr. Abrams

by Admin
August 16, 2026

Guyana’s abundance of freshwater could become one of its greatest economic assets, but Dr. Karen Abrams is warning that the...

Read moreDetails
MP Natasha Singh (blue hijab) engaging residents in Region One during her days-long visit last week
News

Barima Survivors Still Struggling, Need Support- MP Singh

by Admin
August 16, 2026

We Invest in Nationhood (WIN) Member of Parliament Natasha Singh has raised fresh concerns over the plight of survivors and...

Read moreDetails
Guyana-China Scholarships Target Skills for National Development (DPI photo)
News

Guyana-China Scholarships Target Skills for National Development

by Admin
August 16, 2026

Another cohort of Guyanese students is set to pursue higher education and professional training in China as the Government seeks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Karen Abram, Director STEMGuyana

Learning by Doing – Considerations for Improving 21st Century Education


EDITOR'S PICK

Corporal punishment is child abuse

August 20, 2023

Pro-government rallies held in Iran amid mass protests

September 23, 2022

BritCham Guyana Confirms Flagship “Chelsea Football Club Event” for November 6th, 2025 at Stamford Bridge

July 17, 2025

WICKET-KEEPING CAMP GEARED TOWARDS IMPROVING SKILLS OF KEEPERS

June 4, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice