Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
2 lbs chicken feet
3 ears of corn cut into 5 or 6 pieces
5 cups water plus water to wash and soak chicken feet
1 cup white vinegar + ¼ cup
1 tablespoon Lawry’s season salt
2 whole cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 whole yellow onion cut into rings
3 heads of scallions/green onions thinly sliced
1 large cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
3 wiri wiri peppers finely chopped
1 cup celery leaves finely chopped
¼ cup white vinegar
- Cut the nails/tips from all of the chicken feet.
- Wash the chicken feet with water, then soak in 1 cup of white vinegar and about 4 cups water for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken feet, corn, 5 cups of water, Lawry’s season salt, cloves, salt and dried thyme to a pressure cooker and pressure cook until chicken feet are very tender (meat almost falling off the bone). About 30 minutes.
- Once chicken feet are tender, add vinegar, onion, scallions, cucumbers, wiri wiri pepper and chopped celery leaves.
- Mix together well, then let cool to room temperature before serving
- I used my instant pot (electric pressure cooker) when making this recipe, so most of the liquid used during pressure cooking was retained. For a regular pressure cooker you may need to add more water before pressure cooking. Just make sure that there is enough water to cover the chicken feet and corn in the pot. 2. I let my souse sit in the pot until it was cool and then poured it into my serving dish3. Some people also add a bit of freshly squeezed lime juice to their souse. Feel free to add lime juice if you like. (Source:-metemgee.com)