Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
The restriction of moving around outdoors due to the pandemic has resulted in increased in sedentary lifestyle, eating more, and at times the sense of being overwhelmed by the daily stresses of life be they financial, political health or otherwise. Many during this past year have added on few pounds and would like to lose them. But if you do not or cannot afford to go to a gym or feel like walking outside, walking could be done indoors using very little footprint. There is a correlation to walking and health.
Brisk walking can help you:
- Maintain a healthy weight and lose body fat
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer and type 2 diabetes
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve muscle endurance
- Increase energy levels
- Improve your mood, cognition, memory and sleep
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Strengthen immune system
- Reduce stress and tension
Source- Mayo Clinic
Whether the desire is to shed some pounds, stay toned, improve or maintain good health try this low impact 20-minute walk workout with Jerrika
Billy Juices’ 10-minute workout