Monday, August 17, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Labour Ministry launches investigation into fatal accident at John Fernandes’ wharf 

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
June 29, 2021
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Occupation Safety and Health (OSH) Department of the Ministry of Labour has launched an investigation to a fatal accident that occurred last week at John Fernandes’ wharf on Water Street, Georgetown.

In a statement on Tuesday, the Labour Ministry said it was informed that 36-year-old Sheldon Wilson, a truck driver for the Guyana Stockfeeds Inc., was killed during the accident at the wharf. The accident occurred on June 23.

READ ALSO

Develop Water Wealth Without Drowning Private Enterprise- Dr. Abrams

Barima Survivors Still Struggling, Need Support- MP Singh

Reports indicate that Wilson was proceeding to the assembly point of the Wharf to offload feed from the truck when tragedy struck. The man reportedly drove the vehicle off the wharf, partially, into the river. “…reports from eyewitnesses indicated that Wilson appeared to be convulsing when he drove the truck off the wharf,” the Labour Ministry said while noting that the OSH Department will continue its investigation.

It said the Minister of Labour, Joseph Hamilton, remains concern about accidents within the workplace, in particular fatal accidents. Minister Hamilton has repeatedly underscored the need for increased OSH awareness programmes in workplaces.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Dr. Karen Abrams AA, Co-Founder and Director StemGuyana
News

Develop Water Wealth Without Drowning Private Enterprise- Dr. Abrams

by Admin
August 16, 2026

Guyana’s abundance of freshwater could become one of its greatest economic assets, but Dr. Karen Abrams is warning that the...

Read moreDetails
MP Natasha Singh (blue hijab) engaging residents in Region One during her days-long visit last week
News

Barima Survivors Still Struggling, Need Support- MP Singh

by Admin
August 16, 2026

We Invest in Nationhood (WIN) Member of Parliament Natasha Singh has raised fresh concerns over the plight of survivors and...

Read moreDetails
Guyana-China Scholarships Target Skills for National Development (DPI photo)
News

Guyana-China Scholarships Target Skills for National Development

by Admin
August 16, 2026

Another cohort of Guyanese students is set to pursue higher education and professional training in China as the Government seeks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Accidents in the workplace


EDITOR'S PICK

From left former APNU Chairman Aubrey Norton MP and newly elected Chairman Vincent Henry MP

Evidence supplied shows PNCR invited to APNU meeting, new Chairman and GS elected

June 9, 2024
Minister of Public Works with responsibility for maritime, Juan Edghill

Edghill defends Mowing down mangroves for US$100M shore base development

May 10, 2021
IDPADA-G Leadership

IDPADA-G held panel discussion at UN on Guyana situation

May 13, 2023
Michelle Ann Joseph

The Wage Crisis in Guyana: A Call for Livable Income in the Post-COVID Economy

April 15, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice