Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

US revokes six foreigners’ visas over social media comments criticising Charlie Kirk

State department says it has ‘no obligation’ to host foreign nationals who ‘celebrate heinous’ death of far-right activist

Admin by Admin
October 15, 2025
in Global
U.S President Donald Trump

U.S President Donald Trump

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(The Guardian)- Donald Trump’s US state department said on Tuesday it had revoked the visas of six foreigners over social media comments made about the assassination of far-right commentator Charlie Kirk.

“The United States has no obligation to host foreigners who wish death on Americans,” the state department said in a statement posted on X. “The State Department continues to identify visa holders who celebrated the heinous assassination of Charlie Kirk.”

READ ALSO

Chinese premier stresses promoting deep integration of AI, advanced manufacturing

Iran urges intl response to US demands

The state department then listed six “examples of aliens who are no longer welcome in the US” in a thread on the social media platform owned by Elon Musk, the Trump donor who called himself “a free speech absolutist” before buying the site formerly known as Twitter.

The thread included screenshots and quotes from people identified as foreign nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Paraguay and South Africa.

None of the individuals was identified by name, but the screenshots made it possible to trace the identities of two people, including one who had been singled out for abuse by conservatives on X.

“Charlie Kirk won’t be remembered as a hero,” one of the comments posted on X read. “He was used to astroturf a movement of white nationalist trailer trash!”

The thread ended with a statement from the state department that Trump and the secretary of state, Marco Rubio, “will defend our borders, our culture, and our citizens by enforcing our immigration laws. Aliens who take advantage of America’s hospitality while celebrating the assassination of our citizens will be removed.”

Last month, a deputy secretary of state, Christopher Landau, urged social media users to send him posts critical of Kirk, saying he was “disgusted to see some on social media praising, rationalising, or making light of the event, and have directed our consular officials to undertake appropriate action”.

The administration has previously ramped up efforts to identify and potentially expel thousands of foreign students it accuses of participating in unrest in the form of protests against Israel’s mass killing of Palestinian civilians in Gaza. The administration has also required foreign visitors to make their social media accounts public so that they can be checked before they are allowed to enter the land of the free.

In recent months, the administration has expelled South Africa’s ambassador to the US for comments critical of Trump, revoked a visa for Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas to attend the United Nations general assembly in New York and cancelled visas of the visas for British punk-rap duo Bob Vylan.

The government has also said it is reviewing the status of the more than 55 million holders of visas to enter the US for potential violations of its standards.

Those actions have been criticised by civil rights groups as blatant violations of constitutional protections for freedom of speech, which apply to anyone in the US, not just citizens.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese Premier Li Qiang, also a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, visits a sci-tech enterprise during an inspection tour in Beijing, capital of China, May 18, 2026. (Xinhua/Huang Jingwen)
Global

Chinese premier stresses promoting deep integration of AI, advanced manufacturing

by Admin
May 18, 2026

BEIJING, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Li Qiang on Monday emphasized efforts to promote deep integration of artificial intelligence...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Agencies]
Global

Iran urges intl response to US demands

by Admin
May 18, 2026

Tehran has urged the international community to confront Washington's demands, while the United States warned Iran anew that it will...

Read moreDetails
WHO declares Ebola Global Health Emergency — No vaccine, No cure, No Excuse for Caribbean Complacency
Global

WHO declares Ebola Global Health Emergency — No vaccine, No cure, No Excuse for Caribbean Complacency

by Admin
May 18, 2026

A lethal Ebola strain with no approved treatment has broken containment in the DR Congo and crossed into Uganda. The...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Unidentified Man Fatally Shot in Georgetown Amid Rising Violence Concerns


EDITOR'S PICK

ERC to host National Conversation on improving ethnic relations

December 5, 2020
2022 Small Business Awards Reception and Dinner (DPI Photo)

Small Business Bureau Annual Awards Reception and Dinner on Sunday evening.

November 29, 2022
Arthur Deakin

OP-ED | Will Guyana become the next United Arab Emirates? Only time will tell

February 13, 2022

Our 21st Century BIPOLAR World; Historical Empires; 21st Century CHALLENGES; FOUR (4) PRECEDENTS for a MULTIPOLAR WORLD; and The World’s Biggest Diasporas with GUYANA as # 1

October 5, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice