Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

China condemns attack targeting Chinese convoy in Pakistan

Admin by Admin
August 15, 2023
in Global
Chinese Foreign Ministry in Beijing, China. /CFP

Chinese Foreign Ministry in Beijing, China. /CFP

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Balochistan Liberation Army, a militant separatist group, attacked a convoy containing Chinese nationals with firearms and hand grenades in southwest Pakistan’s Gwadar on Sunday.

China strongly condemned the act of terrorism and asked Pakistan to bring the perpetrators to justice and take measures to ensure the safety of Chinese nationals, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said on Monday during a regular press briefing.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

The attack was thwarted by Pakistan’s military, leaving two attackers dead and the Chinese nationals unharmed.

The Chinese Embassy in Pakistan activated a contingency plan after the attack, and reminded Chinese nationals, enterprises and project teams to upgrade security measures and prevent security risks, Wang said.

China will work with Pakistan to jointly prevent and tackle terrorism threats, and protect the safety and security of Chinese personnel, institutions and projects in Pakistan, he added.

The spokesperson warned that any attempts to undermine the China-Pakistan friendship or the building of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor are bound to fail.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Le Shana Valentine

Unveiling the inspiring journey of a health science enthusiast: Meet Le Shana Valentine, an x-ray technician with a passion for photography, dentistry and computer science


EDITOR'S PICK

China releases reports on budgets, national economic and social development plans

March 13, 2024
Apollas Isaacs, the newly elected Toshao of the Village of Karaudarnau in South Rupununi, Region Nine

Karaudarnau Village saddled with problems 

May 17, 2021

ExxonMobil (XOM) & CNOOC Challenge Chevron’s Guyana Acquisition

April 3, 2024
Annette Ferguson MP (Shadow Minister for Housing and Water)

Gov’t lacks strategic plan to address persistent housing issue-MP Ferguson

March 31, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice