Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
- 2 Whole White fish- cleaned and scaled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved- extra for scrubbing (optional)
- Few fresh thyme or rosemary springs
- Sea salt
- Freshly-cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or baking sheet and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Give your whole white fish an extra rinse at home then scrub with a lemon halve. Gently pat dry with a paper towel, and transfer to the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to lightly score your red snapper by cutting about 3-4 slits on the scale of the fish.
- Brush the fish with olive oil on both sides.
- Generously season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper on the outside and inside.
- Stuff the opening of the fish with lemon slices and your choice or herb. If you use herbs, make sure they’re stuffed and covered deep inside the cavity to avoid burning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. The internal temperature of fish needs to be 145 F to be fully cooked.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Squeeze with extra fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately, work around the bones and enjoy! (thesaltandsweet)