Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

12 detained after hospital fire leaves 29 dead in Beijing

Admin by Admin
April 19, 2023
in Global
A damaged window is seen at the Changfeng Hospital in Beijing, April 19, 2023. /CFP

A damaged window is seen at the Changfeng Hospital in Beijing, April 19, 2023. /CFP

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The death toll from a hospital fire in Beijing has risen to 29, according to a press conference held by the Information Office of Beijing Municipality on Wednesday.

Twelve people, including the hospital chief, have been detained in connection with the fire, said Sun Haitao, an official from Beijing’s public security bureau, adding that further investigation is underway.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

“Twenty-six of those who died were hospital patients,” said Li Zongrong, deputy head of Fengtai District, adding that the others included a family member of a patient and two medical workers.

The fire at the Beijing Changfeng Hospital in Fengtai District broke out at 12:57 p.m. on Tuesday. Rescue work was completed by 3:30 p.m., with a total of 142 people, including patients and medical workers, being evacuated and transferred.

Thirty-nine people are still being treated for injuries from the fire.

A preliminary investigation showed that the fire was caused by flammable painting materials, which were ignited by sparks produced during the renovation of the inpatient department, said Zhao Yang, an official from the city’s fire and rescue department. (CGTN)

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
CEO  Iwokrama Dane Gobin and NTC Rep Nandanie Jerry sign agreement

Iwokrama provides support to NTC for Village Sustainability Planning process


EDITOR'S PICK

GAWU’s General Council endorses President Ali’s transformative agenda

December 19, 2025
Minister of Health, Hon. Dr Frank Anthony

263 new Covid-19 cases in two weeks  

August 19, 2020
FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Joe Biden speaks after being sworn-in as the 46th President of the United States during his inauguration on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, U.S., January 20, 2021. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst/Pool

Biden to tackle coronavirus pandemic on first full day in White House

January 21, 2021
Zhang Ji takes a photo. (Screengrab/CCTV News app)

Man travels 82,000 kilometers in a wheelchair

July 19, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice