Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
Democracy which is of a Greek etymology, has roots in demos, of translation people and kratus that denotes power. Which means, with roots conjoined,
democracy represents people’s power to elect a government of their choice. Having said that, democracy isn’t limited to elections, in fact it’s multifaceted, to include;
Freedom of assembly.
Freedom of association
Freedom of religion
Freedom of speech
Consent of the governed
Freedom from unwarranted governmental deprivation.
Free and fair elections
Right to life
However, despite the universal definition of democracy, that PPP practised in our 83,000sq miles is unique, for democracy is viewed unipolar vis-a-vis, only elections. Such that, with elections certified, albeit under contentious circumstances,
many now argue that with “democracy” restored, it can be retired until next elections. Which means, they’re with blinded eyes, even with infringed freedom of speech, for such isn’t deemed undemocratic. Which means, infringed right to life, isn’t deemed undemocratic. Which means, infringed property rights, isn’t deemed undemocratic. Which means, with equality and inclusivity absent like truant children, such and many more, aren’t deemed undemocratic. Thus, a challenge this will be to they, democracy liars, to examine the demolition of PNC Lethem Office, in the context of democracy, or the absence thereof.
For the narrative is one where the PNC Lethem Office was demolished, under the directive of the PPP Region 9 REO and police. Where as articulated by PNC, they’
ve occupied the said land for nearly 50yrs, in which they’re the rightful owners. On the other hand, this is PPP counterargument—The building is of PNC but the land is of the State. Then consolidating counterargument, they proffered with the land being of the State, they’re in the right to demolish any building unlawfully occupying it.
Thus, three permutations we face:
1. The land is of the State—In such a case, it’s either PNC vacate voluntarily or be evicted involuntarily by the Courts.
2. The land and building are of PNC?—PNC cannot be evicted.
3. The land is of the State but legally leasehold by PNC—In such a case, the question is the leasehold expiration. If not expired then PNC can’t be evicted. If expired, it’s either PNC leave voluntarily or be involuntarily evicted by the Courts.
Which means, from these three permutations, there isn’t a scenario that would support PPP extrajudicial demolition of the PNC office. For if intervention is mandated, only the Courts have such jurisdiction, since PPP isn’t or above the law, to demolish PNC property.
Thus, herein we illuminate PPP 2yr demolition record;
1. Success: Flooded to biblical proportions, with PPP tsunami waters destroying all in it’s path.
2. Mocha: PPP Bulldozed all and everything. Destroying property and dreams. Like if visited by a Turkey scale earthquake.
3. Linden: PPP Bulldozed everything standing. Destroying homes, crops and livestock. Like if positioned in the eye of a category 5 hurricane.
4. Lethem: PPP Demolished PNC office. Destroying decades, documents and democracy. Hallmarks of PPP paid foreign junkies.
However, this we recall during the election impasse—Giftland Mall protest closed, even as PSC were with democracy cries. Where their cries went far and wide, persuading many that the ballot recount would be curative to the election impasse maladies. But far from curative it was, for it exacerbated a crisis with the installation of an elected dictatorship.
But now they who once were with loud cries, bellowing democracy, are silent, since in their perverse vernacular, elections equates democracy. Or rather, an election in their favour, of present hideous undemocratic acts, equals democracy. Thus, neologism we indulge, of they a subset that practice selective outrage—Selective Democracy. Outrage, with Burnham flashbacks, in 2020, but absent outrage under PPP discriminatory dictatorship.
Wherefore, a remedy prescribed by this par-excellence doctor, for their selective mutism, of selective outrage, in a Selective Democracy;
1. Economic boycott of all PPP-PSC associated businesses.
2. Our Leaders to continue communicating PPP injustices nationally, regionally and internationally.
3. Exercise cool heads and prudence, as we navigate this PPP orchestrated provocation, of racist elephant traps.
4. Avoid street protest like the plague, for that’s PPP agenda, to characterise us as thugs, thieves and terrorists.
5. Be strategic like a chess grandmaster, for the more PPP self-implodes, the more they will provoke into confrontations. For this I share, they’re yearning confrontation, to smokescreen their corruption and incompetence. Be wise. Stay woke.