Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a loaf pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add bananas and mix, then mix in eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to banana mixture, mixing just until fully incorporated and no dry bits remain.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, spreading to the edges and corners. Bake for about 60 minutes minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center only has moist crumbs. Let cool in the pan a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. (https://www.stetted.com)