Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
Another Guyanese lost their life to the COVID-19 last Sunday (January 22, 2023). The 62-year woman, who was twice vaccinated, was tested positive, and was from Region Three, Essequibo Islands-West Demerara. This takes the total number of deaths from the pandemic to 1,294.
In a release the Ministry of Health, in expressing sincerest condolences to the family of the deceased, said every effort will be made to provide all the necessary support to the family during this difficult time and to render any assistance needed.
The Ministry is also appealing to the general public to respect the confidentiality of the deceased and her family and to allow them to mourn their tragic loss in peace.
All Guyanese are being encouraged to continue to observe the public health measures set out by the Ministry of Health.The public health measure encourages:
- the need for everyone five (5) years and older to get vaccinated against COVID-19;
- the need for everyone to get a COVID-19 booster dose after completing the primary vaccination series;
- the need for correct and consistent use of a face mask when leaving your home
- the importance of maintaining a safe distance of six feet from others and;
- the need for good hand hygiene to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The ministry is urging anyone displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 or needs any additional information, to contact the COVID-19 Hotline 231-1166, 226-7480 or 624-6674 IMMEDIATELY or visit us at www.health.gov.gy.