Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
- two 12oz cans of evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp almond essence
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together until custard powder has completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a deep saucepan and turn heat to medium-low. With a spoon, continue to stir mixture until custard becomes slightly thick. If you walk away the custard will get lumpy and you will have to start over! If it coats the back of a spoon just slightly, then it is ready. See picture above with spoon test to visualize what this is supposed to look like when ready.
- Pour mixture into the desired dish and freeze for 5-6 hours. (Alicaspepperpot)