Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
- 2 tablespoons tikka masala paste
- 1 1/2 cups (420g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1kg skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 4cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1.Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, combine tikka masala paste with 1 cup (280g) yoghurt and season well. Coat the chicken in the marinade, then cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3.Place coriander stalks and leaves, sugar, ginger, garlic, olive oil and half the lime juice in a food processor and whiz until a coarse puree. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup (140g) yoghurt. Season. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the cucumber with remaining lime juice. Season. Set aside.
5.Heat sunflower oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, then cook, turning, for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
6.Serve the skewers with coriander dressing and cucumber salad. (Delicious.com)