Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
The Guyana Teacher’s Union has advised its teachers and school administrators to refrain from handling the government cash grant to public school students.
Below is the full statement by the GTU
The Ministry of Education has announced publically that the Cash Grant will be rolled out shortly. However, apart from information circulating in Social Media, GTU is not aware of logistics surrounding the actual distribution of this Cash Grant. Therefore, in keeping with our mandate to look after the welfare of our members. GTU wishes to advise on the following:
1. School administrators and staff are to refrain from handling or taking responsibility for cash/money.
2. Lend support where needed to verify authentic students from your school when called upon.
3. Do not store cash/money relating to the Cash Grant.
4. Refrain from large gathering especially since COVID 19 cases and deaths are still been recorded in Guyana everyday.
5. Seek the intervention of your Union should you receive threats from any source.
NB. Take note of the circula which advises that all financial matters relating to the school MUST be handled by the PTA.