Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Police arrest driver of Region 10 chairman for alleged torching of GECOM Linden office

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
July 9, 2021
in News
Roy Marshall

Roy Marshall

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Roy Marshall

William Roy Marshall, the driver of the Regional Chairman of Region 10 was arrested Thursday night as part of the probe into the torching of the GECOM Linden office last year.

Family members of Marshall had initially expressed for his safety, but police have confirmed that he was properly arrested and is in custody.

READ ALSO

More communities to benefit from phased electricity cost reductions – Pres Ali

Over 250 Melanie families to secure land titles through regularisation exercise

Reports were that Marshall was forcefully taken from his home last night by plainclothes police ranks.

On Thursday police had said that it made a significant breakthrough in the investigation surrounding the torching of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) building at Lot 2 Burnham Drive, Wismar, Linden which occurred on July 14th, 2020.

On Monday 5th July, 2021, Teon February called ‘Nut’, age 23 years and a labourer of Lot G 5 Canvas City, Wismar Linden; and Marlon Hunter called ‘Bushy’, age 21 years and hails from 4th Street, Silver Town, Wismar Linden were arrested in relation to the said matter and other matters. Both February and Hunter will be charged with the above mentioned offence, police said in a statement.

According to the police on Wednesday at about 18:00 hours, a video interview was conducted with Teon February in relation to the torching of the GECOM building , during which he allegedly admitted being involved. Police in their statement said February told them, he was contacted by one ‘Murgie’ whose correct name is Bryon Kendall of Wismar, Linden on the night of 13th July, 2020 and Kendall  told him that he wanted him to burn the GECOM building. February said he then told his cousin Marlon Hunter to join him and on the said night sometime after 22:00 hours, Kendall picked them up in a silver Note motor car and they drove to Burnham Drive where Kendall pointed out the building to them.

February said Kendall told him that he wanted the building to burn the same night and that he would give them $150,000 on completion of the task. Kendall gave them a yellow five-gallon bottle of gas which he had in his car trunk at the time and then left. February said they hid the gas in some nearby bushes a short distance from the GECOM building and they went home.  About 12 midnight on 14th July 2020 he and his cousin Marlon left on foot. On arrival they collected the gas, entered the compound from a side gate and gained access to the GECOM building from the back door.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

The Bartica Solar Farm in Daag Point, Region Seven
News

More communities to benefit from phased electricity cost reductions – Pres Ali

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More communities are expected to benefit from reductions in electricity costs in the coming months, as the government moves ahead...

Read moreDetails
Residents of Melanie and surrounding communities gathered at the engagement
News

Over 250 Melanie families to secure land titles through regularisation exercise

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 250 families in Melanie and surrounding communities are expected to secure formal titles to the land they currently...

Read moreDetails
News

WIN–APNU Rift Deepens as Hinds Blasts Mohamed’s Local Gov’t Decision

by Admin
August 20, 2026

A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) Member of Parliament and Working People’s Alliance (WPA) co-leader Dr. David Hinds has sharply...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Former President David Granger

‘Diary of a bad year’


EDITOR'S PICK

Astronauts Sunita Williams and Barry Wilmore

2 NASA astronauts head back to Earth after an unexpectedly long mission in space

March 18, 2025

9/11 anniversary | Emotional tributes paid to lives lost 

September 12, 2021
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Prime Minister Andrew Holness on Wednesday March 26.

JAMAICA Scrambles as Trump’s Tariff Hammer Falls on Caribbean Trade

July 10, 2025
From Left- President Irfaan Ali and Columinst GHK Lall

President Ali goes to Linden; expect the same old Ali Guyana

April 11, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice