Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
Amidst all the news that the widow of Dr. Walter Rodney, Dr. Patricia Rodney, allegedly requested the Government of Guyana change the cause of death on her husband’s death certificate, Guyanese are still in the dark about:
1. Whether such a request was made by Dr. Rodney? The evidence was not provided, merely a claim that such a request was purportedly made by the widow.
2. Is the cause of death on Dr. Walter Rodney’s death certificate “misadventure?”
3. Is “misadventure” a cause of death?
It is reportedly said by the Government that Mrs. Rodney requested the death certificate now shows “assassination” as the cause of death. Thus, the following is being asked:-
1. Is “assassination” a cause of death?
2. Who and which profession determines the cause of death?
3. How could the cause of death be changed or under what circumstance (s) could the cause of death be changed?
4. And in whose legitimate authority resides No. 3?
In a politically emotional and partisan society as ours, what keeps the society grounded in reality are the facts, however pleasant or unpleasant and irrespective of who likes them or stands to benefit from them. Folklore has its place but not on an issue this serious.
Thus, it would be greatly appreciated if the aforementioned questions are answered and the media helps us in getting these answers. Until all these questions are answered, speculations will run wild and the facts remain buried, neither of which will serve a modern society any good.