Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Venezuelan official: 112 disappeared so far fleeing to Caribbean

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
November 29, 2020
in Global
Carlos Valero (El Nacional)

Carlos Valero (El Nacional)

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Carlos Valero (El Nacional)

Carlos Valero (El Nacional)

Carlos Valero, a member of Venezuela’s National Assembly yesterday reported that 112 Venezuelans have disappeared in the Caribbean Sea while attempting to flee Venezuela in boats that left for Trinidad and Tobago or nearby islands

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

He gave this figure while commenting on the recent deportation of 16 children from T&T. He described that situation as “unacceptable” and said the National Assembly will take up that case with international bodies such as the Organization of American States (OAS), Caricom and the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.

Valero said 55 other children had been deported from T&T in the same way but the difference this time is that there is international pressure in the case.

In the disappearance of more than 100 Venezuelans in the Caribbean Sea, he said: “There is a human trafficking network in the area and they may be in their hands.”

Valero, who has dedicated himself to working for Venezuelan migrants, said while T&T does not have a refugee policy “that does not mean that they can violate human rights.”

Another member of the National Assembly, Karin Salanova called on the T&T authorities to explain the circumstances in which they deported the 29 Venezuelans last weekend.

“The engine of one of the pirogues was not working, the sea conditions were rough and they were not given food,” she said.

“We ask that children’s rights be respected and that they be guaranteed the right to be with their parents.”

Jhonny Romero, spokesman for relatives of missing Venezuelan migrants, appealed to members of the opposition-controlled National Assembly to continue working and fighting for the more than 100 Venezuelans who disappeared at sea.

He said he was not surprised by what happened in T&T with the 16 minors because in his opinion “it is a government without humanity.”

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
The National Industrial and Commercial Investments Limited (NICIL) (NICIL website photo)

NICIL fires Heath-London’s driver, maid


EDITOR'S PICK

Message of Condolences on the Passing of Dr. Brian O’Toole

January 13, 2026

Jagdeo walking around like Santa Claus doling out money instead of doing right by the people

June 5, 2022
Rickford Burke, President, Caribbean Guyana Institute for Democracy (CGID)

Burke fights back, secures local attorneys “to review police harassment,” violation of rights

December 21, 2023

China’s top political advisor calls for boosting patriotic united front at National Day reception

September 26, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice