Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Regional

Rowley asks Trinidad government to disclose number of nationals with US visas revoked

Admin by Admin
August 18, 2026
in Regional
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Former Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley is calling on the Trinidad and Tobago government to disclose how many nationals have had their United States visas revoked after Washington said visas had been canceled for reasons including conduct that “endangered national security.”

In a statement posted to Facebook on Monday, Rowley questioned whether the government had reported Trinidad and Tobago nationals to US authorities for possible visa cancellation.

Rowley noted that calls had previously been made by individuals in Trinidad and Tobago for his US visa, as well as that of former Prime Minister Stuart Young, to be canceled.

He also said that, more recently, members of the ruling United National Congress (UNC) and people close to the party had been warning citizens about potentially losing their US visas.

Rowley said he wanted to thank US authorities “for going public to tell the traumatized citizenry in this country the conditions under which visas are revoked”.

According to Rowley, the US Department of State said in a news release on Aug. 10 that visas had been revoked from individuals who violated the terms of their US visas, committed crimes, called for violence against US citizens, defrauded Americans, abused the immigration system or endangered national security.

Rowley questioned whether he or Young had committed any of the offenses cited by the US government.

“‎Today I want to ask Mrs. Kamla Persad-Bissessar and all the others who made this call and even wrote to the US Government calling for the visas of both Stuart Young and Rowley to be canceled: which of these offenses were they guilty of?”

READ ALSO

JAMAICA | BOJ Governor Byles Bows Out. Langrin Takes Over on Wednesday.

Four Caribbean countries among nations subject to US$20,000 visa bond

He also questioned the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of the visa of a person he described as a close associate and messenger of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

“‎Incidentally, is the Prime Minister prepared to share with the country which of these offenses her close friend and messenger violated, resulting in the cancellation of his visa well before she came into office?”

Rowley further called on Persad-Bissessar to disclose whether her government had communicated with US authorities about other Trinidad and Tobago nationals.

He asked the prime minister to “tell the country, besides Rowley and Young, how many other citizens she and her Government have reported to the US Government with a recommendation to have their visas canceled?”

Rowley’s comments come amid heightened attention in Trinidad and Tobago over US visa revocations and the circumstances under which Washington can cancel visas held by foreign nationals.

caribbeannationalweekly.com

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

From left: Newly appointed Bank of Jamaica Governor, Dr Brian Langrin and outgoing BOJ Governor Richard Byles.
Regional

JAMAICA | BOJ Governor Byles Bows Out. Langrin Takes Over on Wednesday.

by Admin
August 18, 2026

After seven years that carried Jamaica from a pandemic to an 11.8 per cent price spike and back inside the...

Read moreDetails
Regional

Four Caribbean countries among nations subject to US$20,000 visa bond

by Admin
August 18, 2026

Citizens of four Caribbean countries — Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, and Antigua and Barbuda — are among nationals who may be...

Read moreDetails
Guyana/Barbados/ILO (ILO photo)
News

Guyana Fisherfolk Seek Greater Power Through Stronger Cooperatives

by Admin
August 18, 2026

Guyana’s small-scale fishing sector is being urged to look beyond individual operations and harness the collective strength of cooperatives to...

Read moreDetails

EDITOR'S PICK

Lance Morris is in line for an ODI debut against West Indies  •  Getty Images

Australia news – Steven Smith to captain ODIs against West Indies, Lance Morris called up

January 10, 2024
Professor Clive Thomas

AFC acknowledges Prof Thomas as initiator of cash grant push in Guyana, calls for 200K to each citizen

October 12, 2024

Delta Air Lines terminates flights to St Vincent (SVG)

June 30, 2026

Key knocks from Taylor, Matthews, and Campbelle as West Indies clinch T20 series win over Sri Lanka

June 28, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice