Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

U.S. and Catholic Relief Services send first humanitarian flight to Cuba

Admin by Admin
July 22, 2026
in Global
Secretary of State Marco Rubio (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Secretary of State Marco Rubio (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The United States and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) on Tuesday sent the first humanitarian relief flight to Cuba under a new $100 million assistance commitment announced by Secretary of State Marco Rubio.

Senior Official for Foreign Assistance, Humanitarian Affairs, and Religious Freedom Jeremy Lewin and Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs Senior Advisor Viviana Bovo joined CRS representatives in Miami on July 21 for the departure of the flight carrying humanitarian supplies for Cuban families.

READ ALSO

Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

Trump orders Pentagon to scale back joint exercises with South Korea

The shipment includes pre-packaged food and hygiene kits intended to support up to 700 families on the island. The supplies will be distributed by CRS in partnership with the Catholic Church and Caritas Cuba.

The initiative builds on a previous U.S. humanitarian program with CRS and Caritas Cuba that provided $9 million in direct assistance following Hurricane Melissa.

U.S. officials said the latest effort is designed to ensure aid reaches people in need through direct delivery by local parish representatives, rather than government channels.

“This partnership builds upon the success of the Department’s program last year with CRS and Caritas Cuba,” the U.S. State Department said in a statement, adding that local distribution networks would help ensure humanitarian assistance reaches Cuban communities.

The aid comes as the United States continues to provide humanitarian support to vulnerable Cubans amid ongoing economic challenges on the island.

CRS, a humanitarian organization affiliated with the Catholic Church, has worked with local partners around the world to provide emergency assistance, food security support and other humanitarian services.

caribbeannationalweekly.com

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

A health worker sprays disinfectant in a freshly dug grave for the body of Jacques Lobo Dhena, who died of Ebola, in Bunia, Ituri province, eastern Congo, Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2026. (AP Photo/Dieudonne Dirole)
Global

Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

by Admin
August 17, 2026

BUNIA, Congo (AP) — Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak has now killed over 2,300 people and become the deadliest outbreak of the disease...

Read moreDetails
President Donald Trump 
Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters
Global

Trump orders Pentagon to scale back joint exercises with South Korea

by Admin
August 17, 2026

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump ordered the Pentagon on Sunday to scale back annual joint military exercises with South Korea,...

Read moreDetails
ROK and US militaries launch joint military exercises in Pyeongtaek, the Republic of Korea, August 17, 2026. /VCG
Global

China says peace, stability in Korean Peninsula serve interests of all

by Admin
August 17, 2026

CGTN News - Maintaining peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula and promoting the political solution of the peninsula issue...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Sir Garfield Sobers

Barbados to hold state funeral for cricket legend Sir Garfield Sobers on July 29


EDITOR'S PICK

Three Charged For Robbery Under Arms

June 15, 2023

Political violence once condemned, now condoned, applauded

July 15, 2025
Prime Minister Stuart Young, centre, and members of his new Cabinet pose for a picture after the swearing-in ceremony. ABRAHAM DIAZ (T&T Guardian photo)

Prime Minister Young Unveils Strategic Cabinet Reshuffle: “A New Chapter” for Trinidad and Tobago

March 18, 2025

The Parfaite Harmonie ‘New Road’ is a mess  

August 7, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice