Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Iran accuses U.S. of “flagrant” ceasefire violation

Admin by Admin
May 27, 2026
in Global
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

TEHRAN – (Xinhua) — Iran’s Foreign Ministry on Tuesday accused the United States of “flagrant violation” of a ceasefire reached between the two countries last month, following U.S. military strikes in southern Iran.

The ministry’s statement came one day after the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) claimed that its forces had struck missile launch sites and mine-laying boats in southern Iran on Monday.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

The ministry said that the truce violation committed in Iran’s Hormozgan province within the past 48 hours, concurrent with the ongoing Pakistani-mediated diplomatic process between Tehran and Washington, once again revealed the U.S. government’s “viciousness and non-commitment to its promises.”

The statement added that the U.S. action also demonstrated that Iran’s “deep” distrust of the U.S. government is based on a logic and “profound” understanding of its “criminal and despiteful” nature and conduct towards the Iranian people.

The ministry condemned the “aggressive” action and stressed that the U.S. government would bear full responsibility for the consequences.

In a statement on Monday, CENTCOM spokesperson Tim Hawkins said U.S. forces conducted “self-defense” strikes in the Bandar Abbas area, which hosts Iran’s main naval base, destroying two vessels of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) and hitting a surface-to-air missile site.

On Tuesday, the IRGC said that its air defense forces had shot down a U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone and fired at two other U.S. aircraft, namely an RQ-4 Global Hawk surveillance aircraft and an invading F-35 fighter jet, in Iranian airspace.

In a statement published on its official news outlet Sepah News, the IRGC warned that it reserves the “legitimate and definitive” right to respond to any further U.S. ceasefire violations.

The developments came as a diplomatic process was initiated, mediated by Pakistan, between Tehran and Washington following the April 8 ceasefire to end the war. The two sides are reportedly working to finalize a peace memorandum of understanding.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Fort Island Independence Ceremony Left Citizens Feeling Disrespected


EDITOR'S PICK

Leader of the Opposition and People's National Congress Reform (PNCR) Aubrey Norton

“Budget 2024 will deliver no real gains for the people”-Opposition Leader Norton

January 15, 2024
General Secretary of NAACIE, Dawchan Nagasar (first right) interacts with employees of GPL.

GPL floats 2-10% salary hike for workers

May 9, 2021

Health Benefits of Soursop

March 5, 2023
Officials and students

GBA introduces shuttle time project in Berbice  

June 20, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice