Saturday, August 22, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Iran says proposal to U.S. seeks only “legitimate rights”

Admin by Admin
May 12, 2026
in Global
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei speaks at a weekly press conference in Tehran, Iran, May 11, 2026. Baghaei said Monday that Tehran had sought only its "legitimate rights" in a new peace proposal delivered to the United States through Pakistan, which has been mediating between the two sides. (Xinhua/Shadati)

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei speaks at a weekly press conference in Tehran, Iran, May 11, 2026. Baghaei said Monday that Tehran had sought only its "legitimate rights" in a new peace proposal delivered to the United States through Pakistan, which has been mediating between the two sides. (Xinhua/Shadati)

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

TEHRAN, May 11 (Xinhua) — Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said Monday that Tehran had sought only its “legitimate rights” in a new peace proposal delivered to the United States through Pakistan, which has been mediating between the two sides.

Speaking at a weekly news conference in Tehran, Baghaei said Iran’s demands included ending the war in West Asia, lifting the U.S. naval blockade on Iranian shipping, releasing Iranian assets frozen abroad, ensuring safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz and restoring regional stability.

READ ALSO

AI needs a symbiotic reset with humanity

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

“We have not demanded any concession. The only things we demanded are the Iranian nation’s legitimate rights,” he said.

Baghaei described Tehran’s proposal as “reasonable and responsible,” saying it was aimed at protecting Iran’s interests as well as regional and global security.

He also noted that nuclear issues would be discussed later as Tehran was currently focused on ending the conflict.

U.S. President Donald Trump branded Iran’s terms for ending the war “totally unacceptable.” Baghaei accused Washington of pursuing “unreasonable demands” influenced by Israel.

Commenting on reports that European countries, including France and Britain, had deployed warships to safeguard shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, Baghaei warned against outside involvement in the region.

“Any interference in issues on the Strait of Hormuz and West Asia will only further complicate the situation,” he said.

Iran, the United States, and Israel agreed to a ceasefire on April 8 after 40 days of fighting triggered by U.S. and Israeli strikes on Iran on Feb. 28.

Iranian and U.S. delegations later held talks in Islamabad on April 11-12 but failed to reach an agreement. Since then, the two sides have exchanged several proposals through Pakistan, while sporadic clashes have continued in and around the Strait of Hormuz.

Separately, Baghaei denied Western media reports that Iran had been dumping oil into the sea because its storage facilities were full.

He called the claims “complete lies” and dismissed reports of an oil slick near Iran’s Kharg Island as “fabricated.”

London-based maritime risk intelligence firm Windward said Friday that satellite imagery had detected an oil spill near Kharg Island, Iran’s main oil export terminal. The company said the spill was first identified on May 5 and later confirmed through three satellite observations over 20 hours.

After post-ceasefire talks collapsed, the United States imposed a naval blockade in the Strait of Hormuz aimed at restricting vessels traveling to and from Iranian ports, which Tehran says is intended to curb its oil exports.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Visitors interact with a robot from Unitree Robotics during the sixth China International Consumer Products Expo (CICPE) in Haikou, South China's Hainan province, April 14, 2026. [Photo/Xinhua]
Global

AI needs a symbiotic reset with humanity

by Admin
August 21, 2026

China Daily As companies pour billions of dollars into artificial intelligence while cutting jobs, fears of human replacement are mounting....

Read moreDetails
Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Nigeria Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Lassa fever death toll in Nigeria rises to 190 as fatality rate surges


EDITOR'S PICK

The Party Wasn’t The Issue

May 25, 2026

Message from the PPP on the occasion of the 75th death anniversary of the Enmore Martyrs.

June 16, 2023

Mosquito season at Hope Secondary School

January 9, 2022
Wang Huning, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, meets with a German Social Democratic Party (SPD) delegation led by Lars Klingbeil, chairman of the SPD, in Beijing, capital of China, June 6, 2023. (Xinhua/Zhang Ling)

China’s top political advisor meets German Social Democratic Party delegation

June 6, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice