Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Trump threatens to bomb Iran at much higher level if peace deal is not reached

Admin by Admin
May 6, 2026
in Global
AdobeStock Photo

AdobeStock Photo

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

WASHINGTON, May 6 (Xinhua) — U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that if Tehran does not agree to a peace deal with Washington, U.S. forces will resume bombing “at a much higher level and intensity than it was before.”

“Assuming Iran agrees to give what has been agreed to, which is, perhaps, a big assumption, the already legendary Epic Fury will be at an end, and the highly effective Blockade will allow the Hormuz Strait to be OPEN TO ALL, including Iran,” Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social account.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

“If they don’t agree, the bombing starts, and it will be, sadly, at a much higher level and intensity than it was before,” he added.

On Tuesday at a White House news briefing, U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the military operation Epic Fury was already over.

“The operation is over. Epic Fury, as the president notified Congress, we’re done with that stage of it,” Rubio told reporters.

Also on Tuesday, Trump said the U.S. military will pause its effort to guide vessels through the Strait of Hormuz for now while maintaining its blockade of Iranian ports, given “great progress had been made toward a Complete and Final Agreement with Representatives of Iran.”

The United States and Iran are closing in on a one-page memo to end their war, U.S. online media outlet Axios reported on Wednesday.

A potential deal would involve Iran committing to a moratorium on nuclear enrichment and the United States agreeing to lift sanctions, with both sides lifting restrictions on transit through the Strait of Hormuz, it said.

The New York Post reported on Wednesday that Trump said it is “too soon” to start thinking about face-to-face peace talks between the United States and Iran, despite optimistic reports that the two nations were closing in on a potential framework to end their war.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Trinidad and Tobago police disrupt alleged home invasion gang in multi-agency operation


EDITOR'S PICK

Mixed views on planned reopening of schools  

August 2, 2021
????????????????????????????????????

284 prisoners displaced due to fire at Lusignan –All accounted for and relocated

July 13, 2020
PNCR Leader and Leader of the Opposition Aubrey Norton (2nd left), and Dr. David Hinds (r)

Opposition protest terrorism charge against Haslington woman

March 10, 2023
City Mayor, Ubraj Narine

City needs $1.5B anually to maintain drainage, pumps

June 17, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice