Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

CWI Raises Concerns Over WI Women’s Form

Admin by Admin
March 15, 2026
in Sports
CWI President Dr. Kishore Shallow

CWI President Dr. Kishore Shallow

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(CMC) – Cricket West Indies (CWI) President Dr Kishore Shallow has expressed concern with the recent performances of the West Indies Women’s team, describing them as below par.

The Windies Women are coming off a poor showing in their recently concluded white-ball home series against Sri Lanka Women, where they lost the One-Day International (ODI) series 2-1 and the Twenty20 International (T20I) series 2-0.

READ ALSO

Shadab leads Falcons past Patriots to fourth place on the table

Pretorius, Shamar, batters give Guyana Amazon Warriors second straight win

Speaking during a recent interview on iSports i95.5 FM, Shallow revealed he had already raised the issue with CWI’s Director of Cricket Miles Bascombe.

He said major improvements were needed, especially with the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup just three months away.

“I will definitely admit that there are concerns,” Shallow said. “I looked at the recent series against Sri Lanka; in fact, I was there for one of the T20 matches, and I followed the other matches online, and certainly it was a disappointing performance except for the performance of the Captain Hayley Matthews, who scored a hundred in the last ODI game, and Jannillea Glasgow, a young player [who] scored back-to-back half-centuries.

“Apart from that we had some reasonable bowling performances, but on a whole, a team that not too long ago was ranked below us in Sri Lanka, beating us at home fairly convincingly, that wasn’t an encouraging sign at all.

“I will definitely admit that there are concerns,” Shallow said. “I looked at the recent series against Sri Lanka; in fact, I was there for one of the T20 matches, and I followed the other matches online, and certainly it was a disappointing performance except for the performance of the Captain Hayley Matthews, who scored a hundred in the last ODI game, and Jannillea Glasgow, a young player [who] scored back-to-back half-centuries.

“Apart from that we had some reasonable bowling performances, but on a whole, a team that not too long ago was ranked below us in Sri Lanka, beating us at home fairly convincingly, that wasn’t an encouraging sign at all.

“We need to identify the issues; why we are not showing signs of improvement quicker, especially with a World Cup later this year. We need to be playing much better than that. I’m very concerned, I’ve flagged it with the director of cricket and I’m hopeful that we will see at least better performances on the field.”

Shallow said he was shocked that Head Coach Shane Deitz had not come under more scrutiny in recent times.

He said, with just a few more months left on Deitz’s contract, a decision would soon have to be made regarding his future with the team.

“I’m surprised that Shane Deitz is not getting more attention,” Shallow said. “But I’m sure Miles has been speaking with him, and I’d be surprised if those discussions haven’t been ongoing.”

The Windies Women now face the unenviable task of playing world number one Australia in another white-ball home series, with the opening T20I set to bowl off on Thursday at Arnos Vale in St Vincent.

While acknowledging it was a challenging opponent, Shallow said he expected to see a better fight from the regional team.

“We have a tough assignment coming up against Australia pretty soon and I’m hopeful that we can play some good cricket.

“It’s going to be tough because Australia is the number one team in the world, but at least we have some world-class players who I know that if they put forward their best performances, then we could definitely compete and hopefully win,” Shallow said.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Shadab Khan gave the chase the impetus it needed  •  CPL T20
Sports

Shadab leads Falcons past Patriots to fourth place on the table

by Admin
August 21, 2026

Antigua and Barbuda Falcons 191 for 7 (Lewis 48, Nawaz 33, Shadab 30, Holder 2-39) beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots 187 for...

Read moreDetails
Shamar Joseph's speed was too hot to handle for St Lucia Kings  •  CPL T20
Sports

Pretorius, Shamar, batters give Guyana Amazon Warriors second straight win

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Guyana Amazon Warriors 157 for 3 (Dindyal 50, Phillips 36, Theekshana 2-33) beat St Lucia Kings 151 for 7 (Asalanka 35, Pretorius 3-29,...

Read moreDetails
Noor Ahmad was the star bowler for St Lucia Kings when they won the title in 2024  •  CPL T20 via Getty Images
Sports

St Lucia Kings lose Noor Ahmad for CPL after ACB revokes his NOC

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Noor Ahmad, the Afghanistan left-arm wristspinner, will miss the CPL 2026 season, where he was a part of the St Lucia Kings squad, after the Afghanistan...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Pope Leo XIV gives a speech to the pilgrims gathered in St. Peter's Square during the Sunday Angelus prayer at the Vatican on March 15, 2026. (Photo by Filippo MONTEFORTE / AFP)

Pope Denounces Those Who Use God to Wage War


EDITOR'S PICK

The Jaigobin couple in happier times

Man dead; wife hospitalised in Berbice smash-up  

March 4, 2021

Carter Center Commends Smooth Voting Process; Encourages Future Reforms

September 4, 2025

AFC Extends Easter Greetings, Calls for National Renewal

April 5, 2026

‘Budget short on vision’

February 14, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice