Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

All five trapped workers at Chile’s Codelco mine found dead

Admin by Admin
August 3, 2025
in Global
[1/2] A drone view shows the entrance to Codelco's El Teniente copper mining complex, after several miners have been reported missing at the Andesita unit following a seismic incident, in Maitenes, Chile August 1, 2025. REUTERS/Pablo Sanhueza/File Photo Purchase Licensing Rights

[1/2] A drone view shows the entrance to Codelco's El Teniente copper mining complex, after several miners have been reported missing at the Andesita unit following a seismic incident, in Maitenes, Chile August 1, 2025. REUTERS/Pablo Sanhueza/File Photo Purchase Licensing Rights

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
SANTIAGO, Aug 3 (Reuters) – All five trapped workers at Codelco’s El Teniente copper mine have been found dead, a regional prosecutor said on Sunday, after rescue teams cleared more than two dozen meters (78 feet) of underground passages that collapsed in a strong tremor last week.

Prosecutor Aquiles Cubillo of the O’Higgins region said on Sunday afternoon that the body of the fifth trapped worker had been found.

The latest fatality brings the total death toll from the accident to six, including one person who died at the time of the incident on Thursday evening.

Codelco discovered the first trapped worker on Saturday and another three on Sunday. It has not yet commented on the final worker.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Dr. Terrence Campbell, Addressing a massive crowd in Berbice

Campbell Urges Berbice Crowd to Choose Fairness Over Corruption on September 1


EDITOR'S PICK

Guyana has its first confirmed Monkeypox case

August 23, 2022
Jermaine Figueira MP

Govt must be deliberate investing in Linden/Region 10 to bring real change to residents as done in other regions

July 16, 2024

Antigua prepares to “collapse” LIAT if it is does not emerge as a lean entity

October 12, 2020
Minister of Foreign and Caricom Affairs, Dr Amery Browne
(Trinidad and Tobago Guardian)

T&T brokers Venezuela-Guyana talks on detained crew

January 26, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice