Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Exxon Hasn’t Given Up on Shallow-Water Block Offshore Guyana

Admin by Admin
December 4, 2024
in Global, News
Google photo credit

Google photo credit

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ExxonMobil and its partners in Guyana continue to discuss with the local government terms to develop a shallow-water block won in a 2022 auction, a spokesperson for the U.S. supermajor has told Reuters.

The consortium of ExxonMobil and its partners, U.S. Hess Corp and China’s CNOOC has been pumping all the crude oil in Guyana, with production currently exceeding 600,000 barrels per day (bpd) from one offshore block—the Stabroek Block.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

The consortium is also interested in developing a shallow-water block offshore the South American country, which has become the world’s newest oil producer thanks to Exxon and its partners that developed several producing platforms in Stabroek.

ExxonMobil, Hess, and CNOOC remain interested in the shallow-water block, Exxon’s spokesperson told Reuters via email, after Guyana’s Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo said on November 21 that the consortium had pulled out of the talks.

Last week, Jagdeo said that Exxon had written to the government to confirm it was interested in the shallow-water block.

“They said there might have been a misunderstanding, they have not walked away from” the talks, Jagdeo said last week, as carried by Reuters.

“Let’s see how it goes,” the vice president added.

Since discovering first oil in what turned out to be a very prolific Stabroek block, Exxon, Hess, and CNOOC have received billions of U.S. dollars in revenues and net profits, as production has been ramping up and is now more than 600,000 bpd.

Exxon’s consortium is currently producing a total of 665,000 bpd in Guyana but over the longer term eyes production of over 1 million bpd. Total oil production in the country is seen rising to over 1.6 million bpd by 2030, as the government seeks to maximize returns from the industry before the predicted demand growth peak. If the peak demand predictions fail to materialize, the outlook for Guyana’s oil industry is even brighter.

By Tsvetana Paraskova for Oilprice.com

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
The Bartica Solar Farm in Daag Point, Region Seven
News

More communities to benefit from phased electricity cost reductions – Pres Ali

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More communities are expected to benefit from reductions in electricity costs in the coming months, as the government moves ahead...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Kataleya Sam receives her prize from Mr. Kashif Mohammed

CHESS SCORES IN THE 2023 NATIONAL SPORTS AWARD CEREMONY


EDITOR'S PICK

Dr. Vincent Adams

Oil Sector in “Deep Trouble” as Adams Warns of Illegal Production Practices

December 27, 2025

CAF to Allocate USD 40 Billion Over the Next Five Years to Drive Green Growth

November 10, 2025

Another perspective for allocating $4B to GOAL and only $4.1B to University of Guyana

January 18, 2024

His Excellency, Mohamed Irfaan Ali, President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, on the occasion of Guyana’s 58th Independence Anniversary

May 26, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice