Sunday, August 23, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Govt enforces no parking on reserves at Ruimveldt

Admin by Admin
September 12, 2024
in News
Sand trucks parked illegal at Industrial Estate

Sand trucks parked illegal at Industrial Estate

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The government has implemented a ban on trucks parking in Ruimveldt reserves, following the removal of 11 sand trucks parked illegally at the Industrial Estate, in the vicinity of DSL Cash and Carry, East Bank Demerara.

These trucks had been illegally using the state reserve as a base for their operations, disrupting the business activities of the nearby Continental Agency subsidiary, Torginal Paints Inc.

READ ALSO

Shot Rings Out Near President’s Office, Suspected Warhead Recovered

Guyana’s Oil Wealth Must Create Real Opportunities for Young People- APNU

Minister of Public Works, Bishop Juan Edghill, visited the site on Thursday, where he engaged the truckers.

Explaining the issue to the media following his engagement, the minister said, “The sand is finding its way into the factory, and it is contaminating the paint. This matter has reached the courts. We have come and have removed these truck drivers before. Just under two weeks, the police have come and have removed them. They have returned.”

The minister noted that the truckers have attempted to negotiate with the government for alternative locations to conduct their business.

Government said the situation has been made worse by the truckers’ practice of dumping leftover sand on the reserves and effective today they will “preventing and prohibiting the parking of sand trucks at the Ruimveldt reserves to ply their trade.

A sign and barricades will be erected at the site, and any trucks found violating the government’s instruction will be impounded.

The minister advised that the government has initiated a plan to develop a piece of land to put all the articulated vehicles but the lawlessness won’t be permitted.

The Guyana Police Force will continue to monitor the area.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Office of the President
News

Shot Rings Out Near President’s Office, Suspected Warhead Recovered

by Admin
August 22, 2026

Police have launched an investigation into a late-night gunfire incident near the Office of the President after a vehicle belonging...

Read moreDetails
Michael Richmond
News

Guyana’s Oil Wealth Must Create Real Opportunities for Young People- APNU

by Admin
August 22, 2026

The A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) has raised concerns about the economic prospects of young Guyanese, questioning whether the...

Read moreDetails
President Irfaan Ali- May 22, 2026 press conference (screengrab)
News

President Ali Coming After Social Media Users as Govt Considers New Laws

by Admin
August 22, 2026

President Irfaan Ali has signalled that his administration is considering tougher legal measures against social media users, warning that Guyana...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

CWI begins the search for a new Chief Executive Officer


EDITOR'S PICK

WORD OF THE DAY: BOGUS

June 4, 2025

Covid-19 deaths up to 193

February 24, 2021

MV Kimbia and MV Barima to be seaworthy soon

January 27, 2021
Maurice Bishop was released from house arrest On October 19, 1983, as a result of mass protests. He, along with several supporters, went to the army headquarters at Fort Rupert. However, the situation escalated, and later that day, Maurice Bishop, along with some of his close allies including cabinet ministers, were executed by members of the People’s Revolutionary Army said to be loyal to Bernard Cord..

GRENADA | Four Decades, No Grave: The Unresolved Mystery of Maurice Bishop’s Remains

February 21, 2026

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice