Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

China allocates 649 million yuan for flood response, disaster relief

Admin by Admin
August 7, 2024
in Global
This photo taken from a helicopter on July 29, 2024 shows parts of the disaster-stricken areas in Zixing, central China's Hunan Province. (Xinhua/Chen Zhenhai)

This photo taken from a helicopter on July 29, 2024 shows parts of the disaster-stricken areas in Zixing, central China's Hunan Province. (Xinhua/Chen Zhenhai)

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

BEIJING, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) — The Ministry of Finance announced Wednesday that funding worth 649 million yuan (about 91 million U.S. dollars) had been allocated to support flood response and disaster relief efforts in multiple Chinese regions.

The central government funding, which was allocated Tuesday, will specifically support typhoon and flood response, as well as disaster relief, in the provinces of Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Anhui, Fujian, Shandong, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Sichuan, Shaanxi and Gansu, and also in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Chongqing Municipality, the ministry said in a statement.

READ ALSO

AI needs a symbiotic reset with humanity

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

The funding will be used to assist these regions in doing work such as repairing damaged water projects and facilities, as well as investigating and eliminating safety hazards, to ensure the safe operations of water projects and facilities during the main flood season, the statement said.

The Ministry of Emergency Management said Monday that seven major river basins in China were bracing for the main flood season in August, a time when flood disasters may occur in multiple regions and water levels may rise beyond control lines in some rivers. It also warned that two or three typhoons would make landfall this month, affecting the nation’s southern and eastern regions.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Visitors interact with a robot from Unitree Robotics during the sixth China International Consumer Products Expo (CICPE) in Haikou, South China's Hainan province, April 14, 2026. [Photo/Xinhua]
Global

AI needs a symbiotic reset with humanity

by Admin
August 21, 2026

China Daily As companies pour billions of dollars into artificial intelligence while cutting jobs, fears of human replacement are mounting....

Read moreDetails
Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

‘Our history is intertwined’: heirs of Jamaican enslavers apologise to descendants of the enslaved


EDITOR'S PICK

Marlon Arjune

Meet Marlon Arjune: Photography Enthusiast and Entrepreneur

December 18, 2022
Rowen Willabus

Nandlall’s Facebook Move Gives New Weight to Earlier Concerns Raised by Willabus

June 24, 2026

Preparation for 2020 Census Begins

November 19, 2020
Colvin Heath-London

Hughes flays ‘baseless’ detention of Heath-London

November 22, 2020

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice