Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

After many setbacks and blaming “jumbie,” Edghill says $475M Cemetery Road completion by March

Admin by Admin
February 5, 2024
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Government has put forward several excuses for the non-completion of the Cemetery Road, including Minister of Public Workers Juan Edghill blaming it on “jumbie.” Last week the minister, speaking in the National Assembly, said The deadline for the $475 million Cemetery Road project has been extended, and the anticipated completion date is now set for March 31, 2024.

Minister of Public Works with responsibility for maritime, Juan Edghill

 “Based upon the most recent evaluation, we should get this project completed by March 31st, 2024,” he stated.

READ ALSO

Linden Paid the Price—14 Years Later, Where Are the Promised Benefits?

Demerara Revolt: Solomon Blasts Government for Ignoring Historic Fight for Freedom

The multi-million project will see the two-lane carriageway being extended into four lanes. When completed, it is expected to significantly alleviate traffic congestion.

The project was awarded to Avinash Construction and Metal Works Company and was initially expected to be completed in July 2023.

The project suffered significant delays due to heavy rainfall and incompetence resulting in the prolonged execution of the project.

Apart from the expansion of Cemetery Road, the overall project includes the enhancement of Independence Boulevard which was completed. That road was extended into three lanes and a recreational promenade was erected.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

L-R Then Region 10 Regional Chairman Sharma Solomon and then Prime  Minister Sam Hinds signing the Agreement- August 21, 2012
News

Linden Paid the Price—14 Years Later, Where Are the Promised Benefits?

by Admin
August 21, 2026

Fourteen years after the people of Linden staged a 33-day protest that forced the Government to reverse a controversial electricity...

Read moreDetails
Sharma Solomon MP (APNU)
News

Demerara Revolt: Solomon Blasts Government for Ignoring Historic Fight for Freedom

by Admin
August 21, 2026

More than two centuries after thousands of enslaved Africans rose against the brutal plantation system in Demerara, the legacy of...

Read moreDetails
News

GRSI Makes Aviation History, Opens New Lifeline to Guyana’s Hinterland

by Admin
August 21, 2026

A new chapter has opened in Guyana’s aviation history with Guyana Rotorcraft Services Inc. (GRSI) becoming the first domestic aviation...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Senior citizen receiving their old-age pension booklet

Old-age pension, public assistance increases payable in March


EDITOR'S PICK

Gerald Melton of the village of Apoteri, Guyana, examines a young anteater that his family is raising. (Photo by Barbara Fraser/CIFOR)

Successful Guyana wildlife project to continue after EU announces new €25m funding

August 17, 2023
Sharma Solomon MP (APNU)

Linden City Council deeply disappointed with unilateral appointment of town clerk

November 19, 2023

Data-driven instructions boost performance

June 22, 2021
A high altitude balloon, which U.S. officials have speculated as a spy balloon from China, floats over Billings, Mont., on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023. Another balloon was detected over Latin America on Friday evening. (Larry Mayer/The Billings Gazette via AP)

Pentagon tracking suspected Chinese spy balloon over the US

February 4, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice