Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked through
- 3/4 c. panko bread crumbs or saltines
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. (or more) canola oil
- Lemon wedges and tartar sauce, for serving
- Step 1In a small bowl, whisk egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, panko, and parsley. Fold in egg mixture, then form into 8 patties.
- Step 3In a large skillet over medium heat, coat pan with oil and heat until shimmering. Working in batches and adding more oil if needed, cook crab cakes, turning once, until golden and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Step 4Transfer crab cakes to a platter. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce alongside. (delish)