Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

China to continue providing assistance to Morocco over earthquake devastation

Admin by Admin
September 11, 2023
in Global
Damaged buildings near the epicenter of an earthquake in Amizmiz, Morocco, September 10, 2023. /Xinhua

Damaged buildings near the epicenter of an earthquake in Amizmiz, Morocco, September 10, 2023. /Xinhua

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

China will continue providing assistance to Morocco based on its needs, in order to help the country cope with the earthquake disaster, China’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

Strong earthquakes jolted Morocco on Friday night local time, killing at least 2,122 people and wounding 2,421, according to the latest update from the Moroccan Interior Ministry on Sunday.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

The Red Cross Society of China announced it will provide the Moroccan Red Crescent with $200,000 in cash as emergency humanitarian assistance, said Chinese Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson Mao Ning at a regular press briefing in Beijing.

The China International Development Cooperation Agency has also announced that it is willing to provide emergency humanitarian assistance in accordance with the needs of the Moroccan people affected by the disaster, Mao noted.

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday extended condolences to Moroccan King Mohammed VI over the devastating earthquake in the country, expressing his deep condolences to the victims and sincere sympathies to the bereaved families and the injured on behalf of the Chinese government and people.

No Chinese casualties have been reported in the earthquake.

(CGTN)

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Members of the Hindu community condemns directive by senior educator for student to remove his Rakhi


EDITOR'S PICK

Getty Image

China bans BBC World News from broadcasting

February 12, 2021

Guyana hosts regional maritime summit for first time

June 23, 2026

The State of Swimming in Guyana is Bad

April 27, 2026
Water flows through a standpipe at a home in De Willem

De Willem Housing Scheme gets water access

February 17, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice