Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
- 4 pints rice
- 2 coconut, grated
- 8 oz salted meat
- 2 stalk eschalot
- 2 sprigs celery
- sprigs of thyme, broad/fine leaf
- married man poke
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 pints blood of cow
- Limes or lime juice
- You have to clean the runners with some lime, lime juice and salt until it is free from slime.
- Next, you cook the rice with the grated coconut and salted meat, once that is completed, you will for ten minutes.
- You then mix the rice with chopped herbs, spice, salt, and sugar.
- Strain the blood over this mixture and blend together until the rice is equally glazed and free of chunks.
- Fill the runners using a funnel or tube. Make sure no space is left.
- Tie both ends of the runners and boil it for about 25 minutes.