Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has that as of November 25, 2022, one more person who tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has died. This takes the total number of deaths from the pandemic to 1,285.
A 42-year-old male from East-Berbice, Corentyne is the latest victim.
The MOH has expressed sincerest condolences to the families of the deceased and said every effort will be made to provide all the necessary support during this difficult time to render any assistance needed.
The Ministry is also appealing to the general public to respect the confidentiality of the deceased and his family and to allow them to mourn their tragic loss in peace.
All Guyanese are being encouraged to continue to observe the public health measures set out by the Ministry of Health.The public health measure encourages the:
- the need for everyone five (5) years and older to get vaccinated against COVID-19;
- the need for everyone to get a COVID-19 booster dose after completing the primary vaccination series;
- the need for correct and consistent use of a face mask when leaving your home;
- the importance of maintaining a safe distance of six feet from others and;
- the need for good hand hygiene to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
If anyone is displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 or needs any additional information, kindly contact the COVID-19 Hotline 231-1166, 226-7480 or 624-6674 IMMEDIATELY or visit the Ministry at www.health.gov.gy.