Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
Items needed– Sugar, Coconut milk, Condensed milk, Evaporated milk, Eggs, Vanilla extract and Shredded coconut flakes
- ½cup of sugar
- 5oz can coconut milk
- 14oz can condensed milk
- ½cup evaporated milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼cup shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and golden brown; Pour into 8-inch pan. Working quickly, swirl melted sugar around the bottom and sides of the round pan to coat.
- In a blender, combine coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour the mixture into 8-inch pan.
- Prepare a water bath by placing an 8-inch round cake pan in a 13×9 baking pan. Fill the outer dish with hot water to ½ inch depth.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a table knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes. Then, place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- To unmold, please the bottom of the pan on warm water for about 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan. Invert a serving plate over the round pan, hold tightly and quickly turn over. Gently, shake the mold to release. Top with coconut flakes for garnish. Refrigerate until serving time.
From Vanessa’s Dominican Kitchen