Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Lukaku wants to leave Inter Milan for suitable Chelsea offer

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
August 5, 2021
in Sports
Romelu Lukaku

Romelu Lukaku

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(BBC) Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku has told Inter Milan he wants to leave the club if they receive a suitable offer.

The Blues had an £85m bid for the 28-year-old rejected by the Serie A champions earlier this week.

READ ALSO

Pretorius, Shamar, batters give Guyana Amazon Warriors second straight win

St Lucia Kings lose Noor Ahmad for CPL after ACB revokes his NOC

Inter were confident of keeping hold of Lukaku given his previous comments about being happy to stay.

However, it is understood the Belgian has had second thoughts and is now keen to return to Chelsea, whose books he was on from 2011-2014.

Inter’s difficult financial situation leaves them vulnerable and given Lukaku’s preference to sign for Chelsea, a sale appears inevitable.

The focus will now be on whether the Blues are willing to increase their opening offer to land the striker this summer.

It is understood Chelsea were prepared to include Spanish defender Marcos Alonso as part of the first bid.

Lukaku first played for the Blues between 2011 and 2014, making 15 appearances, but was sold to Everton after an impressive season on loan.

He came close to rejoining the club in 2017 but instead moved to Premier League rivals Manchester United for £75m.

The Belgium international then made the switch to Italy’s Serie A in 2019, joining Inter for a club record fee of 80m euros (£74m) on a five-year deal.

 

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Shamar Joseph's speed was too hot to handle for St Lucia Kings  •  CPL T20
Sports

Pretorius, Shamar, batters give Guyana Amazon Warriors second straight win

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Guyana Amazon Warriors 157 for 3 (Dindyal 50, Phillips 36, Theekshana 2-33) beat St Lucia Kings 151 for 7 (Asalanka 35, Pretorius 3-29,...

Read moreDetails
Noor Ahmad was the star bowler for St Lucia Kings when they won the title in 2024  •  CPL T20 via Getty Images
Sports

St Lucia Kings lose Noor Ahmad for CPL after ACB revokes his NOC

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Noor Ahmad, the Afghanistan left-arm wristspinner, will miss the CPL 2026 season, where he was a part of the St Lucia Kings squad, after the Afghanistan...

Read moreDetails
Sports

All-round Keemo Paul downs Patriots as Kingsmen get off the bottom

by Admin
August 19, 2026

Jamaica Kingsmen registered their second win of the season and got themselves off the bottom of the points table, beating...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Carl Lewis

Carl Lewis says US men's 4x100m failure to reach final a "total embarrassment"


EDITOR'S PICK

I don’t know if ‘ghosting’ the police crime stats is still taking place

November 23, 2021
Shipping containers at Port Georgetown in Georgetown, Guyana.
Photographer: Eilon Paz/Bloomberg

Venezuelan Threats Land Guyana on Lloyd’s Risky Shipping List

December 20, 2023

Budget is high on dollars and big on concrete but short on care and compassion- MP Walton-Desir

January 29, 2023

Rickford Burke, CGID President, Condemns GDF Arrest of Wounded Soldier as Military and Government Dispute Allegations

August 16, 2026

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice