Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
Police on Friday seized a number of banned items from inmates being housed at the Camp Street Prison.
In a statement police said that between 06:00 hours and 10:10 hours, a party of Police from Regional Division 4 A along with TSU and Ranks of the Guyana Prison Service conducted a Search at the Camp Street Prison, Georgetown; where several Prisoners, their belongings and Cells were searched and the following items were found:
1. Seven (7) improvised weapons
2. (76) small plastics parcels containing leaves seeds and stems suspected to be cannabis, amounting to 34 grams
3. Ten (10) cellular phones
4. One digicel sim card
5. Three (3)cellular phone batteries
6. Two (2) nail clips
7. Sixteen (16) pieces of paper containing a whitish substance suspected to be Molly, amounting to 6 grams.
8. One (1) scissors
9. Three (3) USB cables
10. One earpiece
11. Five (5) razor blades
12. One (1) metal grater
13. One (1) tropical mist bottle containing homemade wine.
14. A quantity of small zip lock bags.
The seized items were photographed and Lodged.