Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Fire destroys Tain Settlement house leaving seven homeless

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
January 1, 2021
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Firefighters attempt to quell the fire which destroyed the two-storey house at Tain Settlement

Seven persons are homeless after a fire of unknown origin completely destroyed their Lot 60 Tain Settlement, East Berbice –Corentyne (Region Six) wooden and concrete two-storey home.
Among the homeless are children aged 12, 10, 6, 4 and 1.

According to Amanda Ramoutar, lived at the house, the fire started at about 15:15h in the upper flat of the building and quickly spread to the entire house. She said she and her husband were renting the house and had been living at the location for just over nine months.

READ ALSO

Linden Paid the Price—14 Years Later, Where Are the Promised Benefits?

Demerara Revolt: Solomon Blasts Government for Ignoring Historic Fight for Freedom

The Guyana Fire Service responded promptly to the fire but was unable to save the house which became engulfed in a matter of minutes.

Meanwhile, Jagdeo Ramoutar, Amanda’s husband told Village Voice News that he was at work when he was informed that the house was on fire. He said he immediately left work but by the time he got to the location, it was impossible for him to save anything.

He said his family has nowhere to say.
“I lose everything in the fire, nothing left for me and my family. I don’t know where I will put them and what we will do next because we rent this place and I don’t have a place of my own”, Jagdeo said.

It is unclear what may have caused the fire but according to Jagdeo, since living at the location, the family has not experienced any electrical problems.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

L-R Then Region 10 Regional Chairman Sharma Solomon and then Prime  Minister Sam Hinds signing the Agreement- August 21, 2012
News

Linden Paid the Price—14 Years Later, Where Are the Promised Benefits?

by Admin
August 21, 2026

Fourteen years after the people of Linden staged a 33-day protest that forced the Government to reverse a controversial electricity...

Read moreDetails
Sharma Solomon MP (APNU)
News

Demerara Revolt: Solomon Blasts Government for Ignoring Historic Fight for Freedom

by Admin
August 21, 2026

More than two centuries after thousands of enslaved Africans rose against the brutal plantation system in Demerara, the legacy of...

Read moreDetails
News

GRSI Makes Aviation History, Opens New Lifeline to Guyana’s Hinterland

by Admin
August 21, 2026

A new chapter has opened in Guyana’s aviation history with Guyana Rotorcraft Services Inc. (GRSI) becoming the first domestic aviation...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Senior Minister within the Office of the President with responsibility for Finance, Dr. Ashni Singh

Processing of one-off $25,000 public sector grant to commence Immediately-Finance Minister


EDITOR'S PICK

Jermaine Figueira MP

MP Figueira says boycotting Guyanese-owned businesses in Brooklyn not constructive approach

April 27, 2024

CCJ Academy for Law launches documentary about outstanding Caribbean lawyers

July 18, 2024
Hugh Desmond Hoyte, S.C, M.P (9 March 1929 – 22 December 2002)

PNCR marks 94th Birth Anniversary of Desmond Hoyte

March 9, 2023
CARICOM

CARICOM Leaders repeats call for Russia to end invasion of Ukraine

May 3, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice