Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Trump administration officially authorizes Biden transition

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
November 23, 2020
in Global
President-elect Joe Biden delivers remarks on the economic recovery at the Queen in Wilmington, Delaware on Nov. 16, 2020.Salwan Georges / The Washington Post via Getty Images

President-elect Joe Biden delivers remarks on the economic recovery at the Queen in Wilmington, Delaware on Nov. 16, 2020.Salwan Georges / The Washington Post via Getty Images

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The administration has been slow-walking the transition process as the president vows to fight the results.

President-elect Joe Biden delivers remarks on the economic recovery at the Queen in Wilmington, Delaware on Nov. 16, 2020.Salwan Georges / The Washington Post via Getty Images

(nbcnews)  After weeks of delay, the head of the General Services Administration informed President-elect Joe Biden on Monday that the official governmental transition process has been approved.

READ ALSO

Guyanese Student Nareeta Nandkumar Joins Historic All-Female Space Mission

Behind the white coat: How Chinese doctors are advancing patient care and global health

GSA Administrator Emily Murphy said in a letter that Biden, whom she referred to as “the apparent president-elect,” is now able to access millions of dollars in federal funds and other resources to begin his transition to power. In her letter, Murphy also denied that she had been under pressure from the White House to delay the process.

“I have dedicated much of my adult life to public service, and I have always strived to do what is right,” she said. “Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts. I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official—including those who work at the White House or GSA—with regard to the substance or timing of my decision.”

Trump in a pair of tweets vowed to continue his legal fight to contest the election results but said, “I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.”

The transition process had been stalled for weeks as Trump’s team waged a sputtering legal battle across the country to contest the results, leaving Biden out of the loop on the Covid-19 vaccine and other key issues.

Biden, on the other hand, began the process of filling out his Cabinet and announcing other senior roles amid the delay. He also held briefings with former top government officials and formed his own Covid-19 task force.

In a statemen, Biden transition adviser Yohannes Abraham called the news “a needed step to begin tackling the challenges facing our nation, including getting the pandemic under control and our economy back on track.”

“This final decision is a definitive administrative action to formally begin the transition process with federal agencies,” he said. “In the days ahead, transition officials will begin meeting with federal officials to discuss the pandemic response, have a full accounting of our national security interests, and gain complete understanding of the Trump administration’s efforts to hollow out government agencies.”

In a statement later Monday, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called the GSA letter “probably the closest thing to a concession that President Trump could issue.”

“Let us all now – Democrats and Republicans, the Trump Administration and the incoming Biden Administration – unite together for a smooth and peaceful transition that will benefit America,” he said. “The nation faces multiple crises that demand an orderly transition, and I look forward to working with President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris to get things done to help the American people.”

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Nareeta-Nandkumar (Guyana Chronicle photo)
Global

Guyanese Student Nareeta Nandkumar Joins Historic All-Female Space Mission

by Admin
August 19, 2026

A young Guyanese woman is preparing to take part in an international space initiative bringing together girls from more than...

Read moreDetails
Members of the 16th Chinese Medical Team to Nepal work at B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital in Bharatpur, central-southern Nepal. /CFP
Global

Behind the white coat: How Chinese doctors are advancing patient care and global health

by Admin
August 19, 2026

For 86-year-old Dai Guogui, managing diabetes alongside heart disease as well as a history of suffering strokes was once an...

Read moreDetails
Iran has questioned Gulf countries' assistance in the US attacks on its territory. /CCTV
Global

After UAE cuts trade ties, Iran warns Gulf countries against aiding US

by Admin
August 19, 2026

Iran's armed forces warned Gulf countries against assisting the US military on Wednesday, hours after the United Arab Emirates announced...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

PAHO study finds major gaps in countries’ actions to prevent violence against children and adolescents in the Americas


EDITOR'S PICK

Plait Bread

December 4, 2022

Open Letter to Mr. Aubrey Norton

June 13, 2025

Guyana’s Renewable Energy Transition: An Evidence-Based Assessment

September 23, 2025
Melissa "Melly Mel" Atwell

GHRA Questions Timing of ‘Melly Mel’ Arrest Following President Ali’s U.S. Meetings

March 16, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice