Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Venezuelan teen raped, left for dead

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
August 11, 2020
in Global
Police and paramedics at the scene of the attack.

Police and paramedics at the scene of the attack.

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(TRINIDAD EXPRESS August 11, 2020) A Venezuelan woman was raped, stabbed and left for dead in a gravel road in Debe on Tuesday.

The victim is an 18 year old vendor, who was headed to San Fernando to sell empanadas.
Police are searching for three men in connection with the incident. Around 1.40 p.m. a ‘ph’ taxi driver with passengers saw the woman lying at the side of M2 Ring Road. He stopped his vehicle and he and the passengers contacted police and ambulance.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

The woman’s face and clothing was covered with blood, and she bore stab wounds and cuts to her hands and face. She was barely conscious, officers were told.

Police said when she revived she spoke a few words and said that she lived in Siparia with her father and other relatives. She entered the ph taxi, in which there was a driver and two passengers, at Siparia, to be taken to San Fernando. En route to her destination, the men attacked her.

They dumped her in a gravel road and sped off. The woman is warded in serious conditions at the San Fernando General Hospital. Officers of the SAN Fernando CID , ERP and DUI units responded.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
UNC officials at a news conference

Kamla calls for recount in 5 seats


EDITOR'S PICK

Roysdale Forde, SC

Forde says National Intelligence and Security Bill oppressive, has no place in society

April 30, 2023
CARICOM | Jamaican Jurist Winston Anderson Named President of Caribbean Court of Justice

CARICOM | Jamaican Jurist Winston Anderson Named President of Caribbean Court of Justice

February 24, 2025

GTT pumps $24M into Oil & Gas Chamber to train young Guyanese 

December 10, 2021

The Egotistical Character is Reflection of President Ali and His Govt’s Actions

December 25, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice