Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Tradewinds Voyages cancels Caribbean cruise for 2021 winter season

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
October 24, 2021
in Global
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(Barbados Today) In an about turn, Tradewind Voyages has cancelled its planned inaugural Caribbean cruise planned for the 2021 winter season.

The announcement of the cancellation came on Friday, about two months after the cruise line announced that it would be sailing from November 11, 2021 to March 31, 2022 with round-trips from Barbados to several Caribbean islands aboard the world’s largest tall ship, the 272-pssenger Golden Horizon.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

In a statement Friday evening, the UK-based Tradewind Voyages said it regrets to inform that the inaugural Caribbean season planned for winter 2021 will no longer take place.

“With concerns regarding the ability to deliver an exceptional guest experience, that have been heavily impacted by continuing external factors, the difficult decision has been made to cancel the 17 planned voyages between December and April,” it said.

“Guest concerns about accessibility to certain islands and resistance to travelling in bubbles, which is a key part of the brand experience, has brought the company to this conclusion,” it added.

Alan McGrory, Chief Executive Officer of Tradewind Voyages said the aim of the company was to deliver an exceptional customer experience.

“However the current culmination of ongoing travel restrictions in place for the winter season does not allow us to deliver the exceptional customer experience, which the brand stands for. Our commitment is always to deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. With so many variables at play for us this winter, we have made the tough decision to cancel these Caribbean voyages,” he said.

“Instead, we plan to focus all our efforts in delivering our European 2022 summer season and return to the Caribbean for our winter season in 2022. We thank everyone who has supported us on this journey so far and those that have experienced Golden Horizon, know that travellers aboard this spectacular ship deserve nothing but the best,” he said.

The Golden Horizon will be based in the Mediterranean from May-October 2022, and reposition to the Caribbean for the winter 2022 season

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Osman Kavala has spent more than four years in jail, without conviction

Turkey moves to throw out US and nine other envoys


EDITOR'S PICK

Jermaine Figueira MP

$200K Cash Transfer: Is amount sufficient and where is the money, given budget didn’t cater for this?

October 15, 2024
UPP and Opposition Leader Jamale Pringle

ANTIGUA | Pringle calls on Govt to give humanitarian assistance to Cuba

October 26, 2024

Jagdeo was unable to provide Glenn Lall straight, truthful answers

September 21, 2022

Unfinished Schools in Region Nine Spark Concerns Over Government Accountability

January 19, 2026

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice