Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Fatal accident or murder?

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
September 2, 2021
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Clifford Stanley

A family in Bath Settlement West Coast Berbice is questioning the circumstances surrounding the death of their relative
who was said to be an accident victim but who in their opinion appeared to have been murdered.

READ ALSO

Cuba marked the 100th anniversary of Fidel Castro’s birth

Gender on the Frontlines Conference opens in Georgetown

Deonarine Dehol

Thirty-six-year-old Deonarine Dehol of Lot 17 Section C Bath Settlement was taken to the Fort Wellington Public Hospital in an unconscious condition and with multiple injuries about his body on Tuesday ,morning last.

He was given emergency treatment and then transferred to the New Amsterdam Hospital where he subsequently died later the same day.

His mother Mrs Seelochnie Dehol told Village Voice News on Thursday that she last saw her son alive Tuesday around 08:00hrs when he left home in response to a request for employment as a carpenter.

She said that around 13:30 hrs on the same day she got a call from the Fort Wellington Hospital Staffer who told her that her son had been treated there for severe injuries and had been transferred to New Amsterdam Hospital.

She visited New Amsterdam Hospital the same day but did not get to see him.

She revisited the hospital Wednesday and was shown his severely injured body.

A source close to the family said that he had been told that the man was taken to the Hospital at Fort Wellington by a vehicle driver who said that Dehol had joined the vehicle as a passenger and he had subsequently fallen out of the vehicle while it was in motion causing him to suffer the severe injuries.

This person who visited the morgue to identify the body however said that some of the injuries looked like stab wounds .

“They looked like stab wounds. I don’t think that you could get stab wounds from falling out of a vehicle. The injuries seem to suggest that Mr Dehol may have been attacked beaten and murdered,” a person who witnessed the corpse said.

The police are investigating and are said to have since arrested two persons in connection with the death to date.

A post mortem examination which the family hopes may shed some light on the circumstances under which Dehol  met his demise is scheduled for next week Monday.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Cuban Ambassador to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana H.E. Jorge Francisco Soberón Luis
News

Cuba marked the 100th anniversary of Fidel Castro’s birth

by Admin
August 18, 2026

August 13, 2026, marked the 100th birthday of Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro. Throughout the Caribbean, the Americas, Africa, Asia...

Read moreDetails
Gender on the frontlines group photo with participants, speakers, panelists and presenters.
News

Gender on the Frontlines Conference opens in Georgetown

by Admin
August 18, 2026

Gender on the Frontlines: Roles, Risks and Urgency in a Changing Environment opened on Monday morning with calls for greater...

Read moreDetails
President Irfaan Ali's brother, Aqtar Ali (third from left) with Sigma Team (Opposition Leader Azruddin Mohamed's photo)
News

$12B Sigma Contract Puts President Ali’s Brother in Spotlight

by Admin
August 18, 2026

Opposition Leader Azruddin Mohamed has unleashed a fresh political firestorm over billions of dollars in government contracts awarded to Sigma...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
APNU+AFC Member of Parliament, Dr. Nicolette Henry 

'Guyana not ready for face-to-face school'


EDITOR'S PICK

V. C. Bird International Airport in Antigua aiming to regain Category 1Status

ANTIGUA ‘S Bold Gambit to Reclaim Aviation Excellence

September 30, 2025

Protests over immigration raids pop up across the US with more planned

June 12, 2025

Mass vaccination is Brazil’s best weapon against virus, economic challenges: Treasury secretary 

March 24, 2021
Saiku F. Andrews, M.P. (APNU) during Budget presentation Feb 3, 2026

Budget 2026 Wastes Billions, Fails Ordinary Guyanese- Andrews

February 5, 2026

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice