Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

British woman ‘shot dead by father on US holiday after argument about Trump

Lucy Harrison’s boyfriend says he found her lying dead while her father screamed ‘nonsense’

Admin by Admin
February 11, 2026
in Global
Lucy Harrison was “a real force of life”, her mother said
FACEBOOK

Lucy Harrison was “a real force of life”, her mother said FACEBOOK

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(Independent)-A man shot his daughter at his home in the US after the pair had an argument about Donald Trump, an inquest has heard.

Lucy Harrison, a fashion buyer from Warrington in Cheshire, had been staying with her father, Kris Harrison and his family in the Dallas, Texas suburb of Prosper when she died.

READ ALSO

Behind the white coat: How Chinese doctors are advancing patient care and global health

After UAE cuts trade ties, Iran warns Gulf countries against aiding US

An inquest into the 23-year-old’s death is being held at Cheshire Coroner’s Court.

On Tuesday, Lucy’s boyfriend, Sam Littler told the inquest that he had travelled with her to the US, where her father had moved when she was young, for a holiday.

He said Lucy would often become upset with her father when he spoke about his ownership of a gun.

The inquest also heard that Mr Harrison had previously been to rehab for alcohol addiction

On the morning of 10 January, when Lucy and Mr Littler were due to return home to the UK, there was a “big” argument between Lucy and her father about Mr Trump, who was to be inaugurated as president, Mr Littler said.

President Donald Trump speaks during an interview with Reuters in the Oval Office in the White House in Washington, January 14, 2026.
Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters

“Kris and Lucy ended up having quite a big argument which led to Lucy running upstairs and being upset.”

He said Lucy had asked her father: “How would you feel if I was the girl in that situation and I’d been sexually assaulted?”

Mr Harrison had replied that he had two other daughters who lived with him so it would not upset him that much, Mr Littler said.

He told the coroner’s court that later that day, about half an hour before they were to leave to go to the airport, Lucy had been in the kitchen, when her father took her by the hand and led her into his ground floor bedroom.

About 15 seconds later he heard a loud bang and then heard Mr Harrison screaming for his wife, Heather, he said.

Mr Littler said: “I remember running into the room and Lucy was lying on the floor near the entrance to the bathroom and Kris was just screaming, just sort of nonsense.”

Ms Harrison’s mother, Jane Coates, said her daughter, who worked for fashion brand Boohoo, was a “real force of life”.

She said: “She cared. She was passionate about things. She loved to have debates about things that meant a lot to her.”

Mr Harrison did not attend the hearing to give evidence.

Ana Samuel, representing him, made an application at the start of the hearing for coroner Jacqueline Devonish to recuse herself from the case, saying a fair-minded observer may conclude there was a real possibility she was biased.

She said the inquest had been conducted “in a manner more akin to a criminal investigation than a fact-finding inquiry”.

Lois Norris, representing Ms Coates, said the application was an “ambush by Mr Harrison’s legal team”.

She said Mr Harrison was the “person in the room who shot Ms Harrison” and the only person who was in the room when it happened.

Ms Devonish refused the application to recuse herself.

The inquest is expected to conclude on Tuesday.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Members of the 16th Chinese Medical Team to Nepal work at B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital in Bharatpur, central-southern Nepal. /CFP
Global

Behind the white coat: How Chinese doctors are advancing patient care and global health

by Admin
August 19, 2026

For 86-year-old Dai Guogui, managing diabetes alongside heart disease as well as a history of suffering strokes was once an...

Read moreDetails
Iran has questioned Gulf countries' assistance in the US attacks on its territory. /CCTV
Global

After UAE cuts trade ties, Iran warns Gulf countries against aiding US

by Admin
August 19, 2026

Iran's armed forces warned Gulf countries against assisting the US military on Wednesday, hours after the United Arab Emirates announced...

Read moreDetails
A health worker sprays disinfectant in a freshly dug grave for the body of Jacques Lobo Dhena, who died of Ebola, in Bunia, Ituri province, eastern Congo, Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2026. (AP Photo/Dieudonne Dirole)
Global

Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

by Admin
August 17, 2026

BUNIA, Congo (AP) — Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak has now killed over 2,300 people and become the deadliest outbreak of the disease...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
French President Emmanuel Macron

Tensions Rise: Macron Critiques U.S. Stance


EDITOR'S PICK

Global Oil Demand Dropped By Over 1 Million Bpd In July

September 20, 2022
Former Prime Minister, and First President Moses Nagamootoo

Democracy order should await ruling on election petition

March 7, 2021

Respect and Equality Must Begin in Our Families

August 7, 2025

China remains major growth engine for Asia-Pacific: IMF

May 12, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice