Sunday, May 24, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Iran-US war latest: Assault ship carrying thousands of American marines arrives in Middle East

Admin by Admin
March 28, 2026
in Global
USS Tripoli

USS Tripoli

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(Independent)-Thousands of US marines have arrived in the Middle East aboard the USS Tripoli, according to US Central Command.

It comes amid reports that President Donald Trump would be sending thousands of military personnel to the region in an attempt to defeat Iran.

READ ALSO

Three Sisters Found Dead At Popular Tourist Beach: ‘They Were My Joy’

Study Highlights Persistent Gender and Skin-Type Bias in AI Technologies

“The America-class amphibious assault ship serves as the flagship for the Tripoli Amphibious Ready Group/31st Marine Expeditionary Unit composed of about 3,500 Sailors and Marines in addition to transport and strike fighter aircraft, as well as amphibious assault and tactical assets,” wrote US Central Command on Saturday.

The arrival of the reinforcements comes amidst speculation of a ground invasion. However, secretary of state Marco Rubio had said on Friday that the US could achieve its goals without a ground invasion.

Earlier this week, reports from theWall Street Journal suggested Trump was considering sending 10,000 troops.

Meanwhile, Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthis launched missiles at Israel in their first attack since the current Middle East conflict broke out.

The Houthis, whose involvement on Saturday risks broadening and prolonging a war that has entered its fifth week, warned their operations would continue until the “aggression” on all fronts ended. Israel said it had ⁠intercepted a missile from Yemen.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Photo: Sussex Police
Global

Three Sisters Found Dead At Popular Tourist Beach: ‘They Were My Joy’

by Admin
May 23, 2026

(Newsbreak) A family is grieving an unimaginable loss. Three sisters from London have been identified after their bodies were recovered from the waters...

Read moreDetails
MIT
Feature

Study Highlights Persistent Gender and Skin-Type Bias in AI Technologies

by Admin
May 23, 2026

Larry Hardesty | MIT News Office-Three commercially released facial-analysis programmes from major technology companies demonstrate both skin-type and gender biases, according to...

Read moreDetails
NBC News photo
Global

Non-immigrant visa holders must return to home countries to apply for green cards, Trump administration says

by Admin
May 23, 2026

By Daniella Silva and Julia Ainsley ((NBC News)- The Trump administration said Friday that people with temporary visas seeking to adjust their...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Cricket West Indies Confirms New Format for 2026 West Indies Championship


EDITOR'S PICK

Roysdale Forde S.C

A Clarion Call to Rebuild the PNC/R for a Just, Equitable & Prosperous Guyana-Forde

September 16, 2025

Parade Ground Is Not Neutral Ground- It is the Site of Memory and Moral Reckoning 

May 20, 2026

Weekly Business Voice 

October 3, 2021

Govt says sugar workers protest although no industrial dispute has arisen

September 1, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice