Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

2 Navy ships collide during at-sea replenishment in Caribbean, injuring sailors

Admin by Admin
February 12, 2026
in Global
FILE - U.S. warship the USS Truxtun sails in Bosporus Strait en route to the Black Sea, in Istanbul, Turkey, March 7, 2014. (AP Photo/Emrah Gurel, file)

FILE - U.S. warship the USS Truxtun sails in Bosporus Strait en route to the Black Sea, in Istanbul, Turkey, March 7, 2014. (AP Photo/Emrah Gurel, file)

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(TNND) — Two U.S. Navy ships collided on Wednesday in the Caribbean, leaving two sailors with minor injuries, according to military officials.

U.S. Southern Command (Southcom) spokesperson Steven McLoud said in a statement to multiple news outlets that the Arleigh-Burke class guided missile destroyer USS Truxtun and Supply-class fast combat support vessel USNS Supply collided during “a replenishment-at-sea.”

READ ALSO

Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

Trump orders Pentagon to scale back joint exercises with South Korea

McLoud added that the sailors are in stable condition and both ships reported sailing safely. The cause of the collision is under investigation.

A replenishment usually involves the transfer of fuel, ammunition, food and supplies between ships while moving.

The incident comes after President Donald Trump ordered a large military presence in the Southcom region to help combat drug trafficking in an operation known as Southern Spear.

Around 12 vessels are currently deployed, including the USS Gerald R. Ford, the largest aircraft carrier in the world.

Last year, the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman collided with a merchant vessel outside the Suez Canal near Port Said, Egypt.

An investigation released in December revealed that as the aircraft carrier was running behind schedule, the officer navigating the ship drove it at an unsafely high speed.

As a merchant ship moved into a collision path with the carrier, the officer in charge did not take enough action to move out of danger and the ship also was traveling so fast that it would have needed almost a mile and a half to come to a stop after halting the engines, the report found.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

A health worker sprays disinfectant in a freshly dug grave for the body of Jacques Lobo Dhena, who died of Ebola, in Bunia, Ituri province, eastern Congo, Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2026. (AP Photo/Dieudonne Dirole)
Global

Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

by Admin
August 17, 2026

BUNIA, Congo (AP) — Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak has now killed over 2,300 people and become the deadliest outbreak of the disease...

Read moreDetails
President Donald Trump 
Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters
Global

Trump orders Pentagon to scale back joint exercises with South Korea

by Admin
August 17, 2026

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump ordered the Pentagon on Sunday to scale back annual joint military exercises with South Korea,...

Read moreDetails
ROK and US militaries launch joint military exercises in Pyeongtaek, the Republic of Korea, August 17, 2026. /VCG
Global

China says peace, stability in Korean Peninsula serve interests of all

by Admin
August 17, 2026

CGTN News - Maintaining peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula and promoting the political solution of the peninsula issue...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Haiti, Panama, Costa Rica, USA secure spots at FIFA U-17 World Cup Qatar 2026


EDITOR'S PICK

People have been searching for survivors amid the ruins of the prison

UN condemns deadly air strike on Yemen prison

January 23, 2022
Simona Broomes- ALP Leader

Former Minister Simona Broomes Calls for Urgent and Immediate Action to Protect Indigenous Girls

June 22, 2023

Skeleton staff at Linden hospitals

October 2, 2020
Google Photo

Child indoctrination is child abuse

January 23, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice