Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

China urges Philippines to stop provocative actions in South China Sea

Admin by Admin
September 25, 2025
in Global
Zhang Xiaogang, spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Defense.

Zhang Xiaogang, spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Defense.

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

China’s Ministry of Defense on Thursday urged the Philippines to immediately stop provocative actions in the South China Sea after Philippine vessels intruded into China’s territorial waters earlier this month.

Ministry spokesperson Zhang Xiaogang made the remarks in response to a media query regarding the incident in which over 10 Philippine public vessels illegally entered the waters of China’s Huangyan Dao before being expelled by the China Coast Guard.

READ ALSO

Chinese premier stresses promoting deep integration of AI, advanced manufacturing

Iran urges intl response to US demands

Zhang stressed that Huangyan Dao is China’s inherent territory. It lies beyond the limits of Philippine territory, as defined by a series of international treaties.

The Philippine side has repeatedly conducted provocative actions that infringed upon China’s sovereignty and created tensions in the South China Sea, he said, adding that it is a real troublemaker and a saboteur to peace. “We warn the Philippine side to immediately stop any provocative acts before it’s too late,” he said.

China will continue to take resolute measures to safeguard its territorial sovereignty and maritime rights and interests, Zhang said.

Source(s): Xinhua News Agency
ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese Premier Li Qiang, also a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, visits a sci-tech enterprise during an inspection tour in Beijing, capital of China, May 18, 2026. (Xinhua/Huang Jingwen)
Global

Chinese premier stresses promoting deep integration of AI, advanced manufacturing

by Admin
May 18, 2026

BEIJING, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Li Qiang on Monday emphasized efforts to promote deep integration of artificial intelligence...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Agencies]
Global

Iran urges intl response to US demands

by Admin
May 18, 2026

Tehran has urged the international community to confront Washington's demands, while the United States warned Iran anew that it will...

Read moreDetails
WHO declares Ebola Global Health Emergency — No vaccine, No cure, No Excuse for Caribbean Complacency
Global

WHO declares Ebola Global Health Emergency — No vaccine, No cure, No Excuse for Caribbean Complacency

by Admin
May 18, 2026

A lethal Ebola strain with no approved treatment has broken containment in the DR Congo and crossed into Uganda. The...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
An aerial view of Georgetown Cayman

CAYMAN | Cayman's Financial Fortress: The True Price of Caribbean Prosperity


EDITOR'S PICK

Dr. Vindhya Persaud, Minister of Human Services and Social Security, His Excellency, Sebastien Sigouin, High Commissioner of Canada to Guyana, Mr. Nicolas Pron, Area Representative of UNICEF Guyana and Suriname (centre) and key stakeholders at the project steering committee hosted by the High Commission of Canada in partnership with UNICEF. PC: DPI

Canada/UNICEF ECD and safe schools project to accelerate results for children in Guyana

December 12, 2024

Bangladesh tour match ends in rain-affected draw against West Indies Select XI

November 19, 2024
Daniel Fraser -AFC Municipal Councillor (Facebook photo)

AFC Accuses PPP of Political Interference in Mahdia’s Local Governance

September 30, 2024
Public Utilities and Aviation Minister Deodat Indar, Education Minister Sonia Parag and WIN Leader Azruddin Mohamed

Gov’t Forms Emergency Taskforce as Utility Failures in Schools Spark National Outcry

September 27, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice