Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

China firmly opposes U.S. arrangement for Tsai Ing-wen’s “transit” trip

Admin by Admin
April 5, 2023
in Global
Tsai Ing-wen

Tsai Ing-wen

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

BEIJING, April 4 (Xinhua) — China firmly opposes the U.S. arrangement for Tsai Ing-wen’s “transit” trip to the United States and a meeting between her and U.S. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, the third highest-ranking official of the U.S. government, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Tuesday.

Spokesperson Mao Ning made the remarks at a daily news briefing, noting that it seriously contravenes the one-China principle and provisions in the three China-U.S. joint communiques and gravely undermines China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

READ ALSO

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

“We urge the United States to abide by the one-China principle and provisions in the three China-U.S. joint communiques, not to allow Tsai Ing-wen’s ‘transit’ trip to the United States, and not to arrange for any meeting or contact between Tsai and U.S. political figures and officials,” Mao said.

The Chinese side will closely monitor the situation as it develops and resolutely defend the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, the spokesperson said. ■

Source: Xinhua

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Chinese leader Xi Jinping and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi (Photo: Reuters)
Global

China makes a $2 billion push into Africa’s third-most industrialized nation as Beijing moves ahead of the US

by Admin
August 20, 2026

This proposed initiative would establish a massive, integrated industrial complex in the Egypt's Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZONE), marking a...

Read moreDetails
Ebola Treatment Centre at the Centre Médical Évangélique in Bunia, the first Ebola treatment centre to be built in Bunia. Constructed by WHO and run by ALIMA.
Global

WHO and Africa CDC Welcome Allocation of Ebola vaccines to Democratic Republic of the Congo

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Last week, the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) requested a release of Ervebo vaccines from the...

Read moreDetails
[Photo/Xinhua]
Global

Robotics boom fueling nation’s tech ambitions

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 3,000 cutting-edge robots and related products packed the 2026 World Robot Conference, which opened in Beijing on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Autism Awareness Month 2023 launched in Region Five


EDITOR'S PICK

United we stand against the bellicose aggressor- Venezuela together we share the benefits of our national natural resources

October 26, 2023

WORD OF THE DAY: INTERPOLATE

May 27, 2023

Caring For Others Inc. has receipts as proof of payment for land Gov’t took away

September 27, 2022
Indigenous People net photo

PNCR’s Message on Amerindian Heritage Month – “We salute all Indigenous Guyanese”

September 2, 2024

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice