Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
The NDIA’s portal through the Ministry of Agriculture’s website has been non-functional every time I have attempted to access it. Hence, my resort to communicating directly, as the Ministry of Agriculture has authority over the agency.
We, the residents of Bordeaux, Canal #1, write to enquire of the following as we are unable to verify via the website. Kindly provide a web link should this Ministry have the same policy viz a viz web links for pertinent information as the MNR which recently released one to the public via the press.
- Is the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) intending to undertake any drainage design changes in and/or around Bordeaux, Canal #1?
- Is the MoA planning to undertake any changes to any drains within Bordeaux, Canal #1
- What are the intended changes if any to the current drainage system in and/or around Bordeaux, Cana#1?
- What is the policy of MoA in engaging framers? Kindly share regulations.
- What is the policy of MoA in public consultations? Kindly share regulations.
- What is the policy of MoA in relation to Ancestral Lands? Kindly share.
- What is the policy of MoA in valuations of farm lands that are heavily dependent on the government drainage system and prone to flooding? The MoA has within recent history, disbursed and/or given out grants to farmers, including my family, for prolonged flooding in Bordeaux, Java and other parts of Canal #1.
- Is the MoA working in collaboration with any other government ministry and/or agency in Bordeaux Canal #1
- Are any changes being made to the current drainage system and/or design, due to the implementation of the GtE pipeline project?
- Has any study been undertaken to assess the effects of any change in the drainage system in and/or around Bordeaux, Canal #1? Kindly provide link.
- Are there any plans to undertake any study to assess the effects of any changes in the drainage system in and/or around Bordeaux, Canal #1?
- How will ancestral rights be factored into any proposed changes in the drainage system in and/or around Bordeaux, Canal #1?
- Will any proposed study of the effects of changing the design of the drainage in and/or around Bordeaux, Canal #1, include climate change modelling? If already completed kindly share link to any such studies.
Parties interested in and with interest in the implementation of the GtE pipeline project copied herewith. New parties joined kindly note the email trail below for context and clarification.
It is hoped that the transformational “new mind set” will manifest in the allowance of a response as, we, residents of Bordeaux, are anticipating one, in keeping and alignment with His Excellency’s claim that we, as part of Civic Society, are the “key to Guyana’s development”.
Other Residents of Bordeaux
All in 1, legally protected with adherence to the laws, Guyana