Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

DPP recommends manslaughter charge for Orin Boston killer

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
January 14, 2022
in News
Dead: Orin Boston Jnr.

Dead: Orin Boston Jnr.

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Shalimar Ali Hack has recommended a charge of manslaughter against the policeman who shot and killed, Dartmouth Essequibo businessmann Orin Boston several months ago.

Boston 29, was killed since September last year.
Five months later, a file submitted by the Guyana Police Force on the investigation into the killing was returned on Thursday with the advice that the rank who fired the fatal shot be charged.

READ ALSO

Linden Paid the Price—14 Years Later, Where Are the Promised Benefits?

Demerara Revolt: Solomon Blasts Government for Ignoring Historic Fight for Freedom

Orin Boston’s wife, Fiona Boston and their daughter

Boston, a husband and father of two, was shot in his bedroom by a member of the SWAT Unit during a so called anti-crime operation. According to his wife, he was asleep at the time, however, the Police Force, in its initial statement, alleged that a confrontation had led to the shooting. The heavily armed unit was in search of prohibited items based on intelligence received, however, none was found at his home. The dead man’s father, Orin Boston Snr told Village Voice News that his family and the residents of Dartmouth are awaiting justice. The grieving father said he had hoped that the police would have completed the investigation into the death of his son a while now.

He had told this newspaper too: “It’s been so long,” he said, while noting that the police, in concluding their investigation must answer key questions surrounding the anti-crime operation which ended on a bloody note.

“You can’t just walk into a man’s house and shoot him like that without any warning. You didn’t give him a chance to wake up from his bed. Why was he shot? I need answers, I need to know the reason why he was shot. What was the motive? Was it a mistake? I need to know,” Boston Snr said.

The dead man’s wife, Fiona Boston, said she too awaits justice. “I need just for my husband,” she told this newspaper.

Boston, according to the autopsy report, died from shock and haemorrhage due to gunshot injuries to the chest. State Pathologist, Dr. Nehaul Singh had carried out the Post Mortem Examination in September. A single warhead was extracted from Boston’s body and was handed over to the police.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

L-R Then Region 10 Regional Chairman Sharma Solomon and then Prime  Minister Sam Hinds signing the Agreement- August 21, 2012
News

Linden Paid the Price—14 Years Later, Where Are the Promised Benefits?

by Admin
August 21, 2026

Fourteen years after the people of Linden staged a 33-day protest that forced the Government to reverse a controversial electricity...

Read moreDetails
Sharma Solomon MP (APNU)
News

Demerara Revolt: Solomon Blasts Government for Ignoring Historic Fight for Freedom

by Admin
August 21, 2026

More than two centuries after thousands of enslaved Africans rose against the brutal plantation system in Demerara, the legacy of...

Read moreDetails
News

GRSI Makes Aviation History, Opens New Lifeline to Guyana’s Hinterland

by Admin
August 21, 2026

A new chapter has opened in Guyana’s aviation history with Guyana Rotorcraft Services Inc. (GRSI) becoming the first domestic aviation...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PNCR Leader and Leader of the Opposition Aubrey Norton

'Let the budget be people-centered'


EDITOR'S PICK

Vice President, Bharrat Jagdeo addressing the media during a press conference

Gas-to-energy project well underway, evaluation completed by two companies –Jagdeo

November 4, 2022

Elizabeth Marie Tallchief: A Native American Trailblazer Who Revolutionized Ballet

January 27, 2023
A Long March 3B rocket carrying a test satellite for communication technology blasts off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Southwest China's Sichuan province, Jan 23, 2025. [Photo/Xinhua]

China launches experimental satellite into space

January 24, 2025

Devine’s stunning century not enough as Royals beat Amazon Warriors in thriller to open Massy WCPL

September 1, 2023

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice