Monday, August 17, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Romelu Lukaku: Striker’s agent says he was threatened over Chelsea move from Inter Milan

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
August 15, 2021
in Sports
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(BBC SPORT) Romelu Lukaku’s agent, Federico Pastorello, says he and his family received threats while he was working on the striker’s £97.5m Chelsea move.

Lukaku, 28, left Inter Milan after helping the club end its 11-year wait for a 19th Italian title.

READ ALSO

WARRIORS HAND KINGSMEN THIRD STRAIGHT DEFEAT

Holder, Netravalkar, Fletcher bag first points for Patriots

Pastorello says talk the deal was “engineered” or “forced” for financial gain “is leading everyone astray”.

“Many of those who today insult me and threaten me, thanked me wholeheartedly for bringing him to Milan,” he said. “I have always accepted – and will continue to do so – confrontation and constructive criticism: they are part of the game for those who play a role with considerable media relevance.

“What we absolutely cannot tolerate are the falsehoods, insinuations, insults and threats we have received [also against my family and my daughters], which have far exceeded the limits of civilisation, decency and tolerance.”

Lukaku scored 64 goals in 95 appearance in his two seasons at the San Siro, helping the Nerazzurri to a first Scudetto since 2010 in his final term. The move made Belgium’s all-time top goalscorer the most expensive player ever sold by a Serie A side and comes at time that the club are facing financial difficulties.

Despite saying he was happy to stay with the Italian champions, Lukaku reversed his stance earlier this month and told Inter that he wanted to join Chelsea if the right offer was received.

“Believe it or not, the supporters affection and the special bond with the city of Milan made him think about it for a long time: but then, once he made his decision, he carried on with conviction and firmness,” Pastorello said. “The economic aspect is a detail, but it is not the main factor that determines our choices and those of our clients.

“With regards to FC Internazionale, I can guarantee that the Sport CEO Giuseppe Marotta, the sporting director Piero Ausilio – as well as the coach Simone Inzaghi, who worked at this personally – did everything in their power to avoid this transfer. “But there are circumstances that go beyond their decision-making range and depend on the instructions of the owners.”

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Sports

WARRIORS HAND KINGSMEN THIRD STRAIGHT DEFEAT

by Admin
August 14, 2026

Shai Hope and Mohammad Nabi starred for the Guyana Amazon Warriors as they handed the Jamaica Kingsmen their third consecutive...

Read moreDetails
Captain Jason Holder (file image) struck thrice to set up the Patriots' first win of CPL 2026 © Getty
Sports

Holder, Netravalkar, Fletcher bag first points for Patriots

by Admin
August 13, 2026

St Kitts and Nevis Patriots got on the board with a convincing five-wicket victory over Saint Lucia Kings, orchestrated by...

Read moreDetails
Brandon King almost batted through the Tridents innings  •  CPL T20
Sports

Tridents survive Russell scare to begin CPL 2026 with narrow win

by Admin
August 12, 2026

Barbados Tridents 206 for 3 (King 73, Rutherford 50*, de Kock 42, Hassan 1-19) beat Jamaica Kingsmen 201 for 9 (Russell 68, Carty...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Manchester United put five pass Leeds


EDITOR'S PICK

Minister of Tourism, Oneidge Walrond

Walrond was ‘secretly’ sworn-in a second time on Dec. 1

December 10, 2020
Istock photo

COPD – Every Breath Becomes A Battle

June 9, 2025
Dr. Henry Jeffrey

‘IRI/CID Gallup poll: a perspective’

April 24, 2022
The West Demerara Secondary Students

West Demerara Secondary School emerges winners the J.O.F. Memorial Debating Competition 2022

December 8, 2022

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice